BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Philly Fan Tasered For Running On Field

3 posters

Go down

Was This A Good Use For Tasering By The Police?

Philly Fan Tasered For Running On Field I_vote_lcap75%Philly Fan Tasered For Running On Field I_vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]
Philly Fan Tasered For Running On Field I_vote_lcap0%Philly Fan Tasered For Running On Field I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Philly Fan Tasered For Running On Field I_vote_lcap0%Philly Fan Tasered For Running On Field I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Philly Fan Tasered For Running On Field I_vote_lcap25%Philly Fan Tasered For Running On Field I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Philly Fan Tasered For Running On Field Empty Philly Fan Tasered For Running On Field

Post  Carolina Kat Wed May 05, 2010 4:01 am

CLICK ON "WATCH ON YOUTUBE" FOR VIDEO TO WORK
Updated: May 4, 2010, 11:52 PM ET

Another fan runs on Phillies' field

ESPN.com news services

PHILADELPHIA
-- A fan has run onto the field at Citizens Bank Park during a baseball game in Philadelphia, one night after a teenager was Tasered in the outfield.

Security did not use a Taser to apprehend the man on Tuesday night. He gave himself up without incident.

The Philadelphia Phillies were leading St. Louis 1-0 in the top of the ninth inning when a guy hopped over the fence in left field and ran along the warning track waving his arms. The 34-year-old man was booed by the sellout crowd and charged with defiant trespass, disorderly conduct and narcotics possession.

In Monday night's game, a police officer chased a 17-year-old Steve Consalvi for about 30 seconds before the stun gun probe hit the teenager.

City police are considering whether officers should get involved when unruly but nonthreatening fans sprint onto the field during sporting events.

Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey examined video of the arrest and felt the officer acted within department guidelines, which allow officers to use Tasers to arrest fleeing suspects, said police spokesman Lt. Frank Vanore. The department's internal affairs unit is investigating, Vanore said.

The department is now reviewing whether its officers should be on the field wrangling runaway fans who aren't threatening anyone, Vanore said.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

Philly Fan Tasered For Running On Field Empty Re: Philly Fan Tasered For Running On Field

Post  MULECHOPS Wed May 05, 2010 10:18 pm

I think fat boy just got tired of chasing the punk when he fired. He should have shot him in the bread basket. (now that would have been entertainment!)
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Philly Fan Tasered For Running On Field Empty Re: Philly Fan Tasered For Running On Field

Post  Blue Dude Fri May 14, 2010 5:46 am

^^ or in the face... IN THE FACE!!! (sorry had a hangover movie Screw)

I think the police/security was right in doing this. Trespassing shouldn't be allowed and if force is needed to bring the trespasser down then so be it.
Blue Dude
Blue Dude

Favorite College team: : Kentucky
Favorite NFL team: : Patriots

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down