BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National Championship?

+7
Bho
Fossten
96 G.O.A.T.
MULECHOPS
Californication
Wildcat Fanatic
BestdamnUKfanperiod
11 posters

Go down

National Championship? Empty National Championship?

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:15 pm

I tell ya what if we don't start playing better I don't see it right now. I hope some of these players start playing better defense and quit making terrible passes. Just got me worried.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

National Championship? Empty Re: National Championship?

Post  Wildcat Fanatic Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:36 pm

I agree. I think we are the most talented team in the field, but we lose our concentration to much. The sign of a freshman dominate team. When you get a team down, you have to put them away or else they come back and make it too close to call.
Wildcat Fanatic
Wildcat Fanatic

Favorite College team: : Kentucky
Favorite NFL team: : Baltimore Ravens

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:55 pm

They will make the elite 8 on raw talent. The rest is up to how bad they want it. Will require 40 minutes of inspired play. If they keep shooting like the last two games, they have a shot. But I don't see this team winning it all. Hope I'm wrong.
Californication
Californication

Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Post  MULECHOPS Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:59 pm

Elite eight sure, final four maybe, national champs I'd be shocked like 98.
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Post  96 G.O.A.T. Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:10 am

They're a gritty team. However, these guys get lazy at times. I think once the tournament rolls around they will be 100% focused on winning. There won't be any distractions at that point.

I think Patterson needs to play like he is in control. When he gets the ball, he needs to look to score first and pass second. If nothing is available, pass the ball. Sometimes he's a little too timid.

Wall is Wall. I like the fact that he takes charge when he feels he needs to. I would like to see him take more control when UK is up by 15 points. I think when they have a big lead like that, he tends to look to pass more. If he would be himself and do his thing, they wouldn't have blown as many leads as they have.

Cousins is a beast. That kid is all heart. If he could learn not to wear it on his sleeve, he'd be the best player in the country. DeMarcus gets mad, which is good, but, he gets too emotional at times. Sometimes his ire distracts his fire and he makes bad decisions.

I'd like to see Bledsoe relax a bit. When he's running the point, he runs too damn fast and puts himself into turnover situations. Today, he was playing good until the end of the first half when he had two charging calls against him. He needs slow down and play smart basketball.

This team has been exciting to watch. My blood pressure has reached all time highs for me this year. But, this has been a great season for us UK fans. It's been an amazing turnaround. These guys have a very good chance to win the Championship. I think that, if they can stay focused and determined, they are completely unstoppable. They are without a doubt the most talented team in the country.

96 G.O.A.T.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossten Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:32 am

If anyone had told me this time last year that we'd be 29-2 right now, and without Jodie Meeks, I'd have laughed in their face.
Fossten
Fossten

Favorite NFL team: : Cowboys

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildcat Fanatic Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:02 am

Good observations GOAT. I agree.

Fossten, last year we were worried about NIT seeding, this year we're playing for overall #1 in the big dance. What a difference a year makes. Feels good to be back where we belong.
Wildcat Fanatic
Wildcat Fanatic

Favorite NFL team: : Baltimore Ravens

Back to top Go down

Post  Bho Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:14 am

Rupp called his team the Fiddlin Five because they fiddled around with their opponents. I see a group that looks like Fiddlin' Freshmen. I think these guys could care less about the regular season. Can we win it all? Yes. Will we? TBD. Right now I'm just enjoying the leftovers of a 29-2 year.
Bho
Bho

Favorite NFL team: : Who Dey

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Dude Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:41 am

Fossten wrote:If anyone had told me this time last year that we'd be 29-2 right now, and without Jodie Meeks, I'd have laughed in their face.

My thoughts exactly sir. I expected a 3-5 loss season in conference play to be honest and maybe 2-3 in out of conference.
Blue Dude
Blue Dude

Favorite NFL team: : Patriots

Back to top Go down

Post  cryptkeeper Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:21 am

We lose one game in SEC tourney and win it all now...I see KU going out in the 2nd round.
cryptkeeper
cryptkeeper

Favorite NFL team: : COLTS-until manning leaves

Back to top Go down

Post  agent 00 Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:39 am

96 G.O.A.T. wrote:They're a gritty team. However, these guys get lazy at times. I think once the tournament rolls around they will be 100% focused on winning. There won't be any distractions at that point.

I think Patterson needs to play like he is in control. When he gets the ball, he needs to look to score first and pass second. If nothing is available, pass the ball. Sometimes he's a little too timid.

Wall is Wall. I like the fact that he takes charge when he feels he needs to. I would like to see him take more control when UK is up by 15 points. I think when they have a big lead like that, he tends to look to pass more. If he would be himself and do his thing, they wouldn't have blown as many leads as they have.

Cousins is a beast. That kid is all heart. If he could learn not to wear it on his sleeve, he'd be the best player in the country. DeMarcus gets mad, which is good, but, he gets too emotional at times. Sometimes his ire distracts his fire and he makes bad decisions.

I'd like to see Bledsoe relax a bit. When he's running the point, he runs too damn fast and puts himself into turnover situations. Today, he was playing good until the end of the first half when he had two charging calls against him. He needs slow down and play smart basketball.

This team has been exciting to watch. My blood pressure has reached all time highs for me this year. But, this has been a great season for us UK fans. It's been an amazing turnaround. These guys have a very good chance to win the Championship. I think that, if they can stay focused and determined, they are completely unstoppable. They are without a doubt the most talented team in the country.

Couldn't agree more with everything you said.
agent 00
agent 00

Favorite NFL team: : Miami Dolphins

Back to top Go down

Post  bcking00 Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:43 am

Man, the Cats don't seem to be hungry. They almost like getting down only to come back and beat the other team. A friend here in Austin told me he thinks they are bored with the SEC competition, at least the freshman are bored. I agree, if they don't get hungry real quick they will get there asses handed to them in the SEC tournament. They have won so easily for so long they expect to win. I hope Coach Cal can get them focused on the main prize. They need to have a chip on their shoulders. I watched Miami play today. Wow, they play with some heart. I think our team is missing some attitude.

BK
bcking00
bcking00

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : Cincinnati Bengals

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down