BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patterson deals with doubters after lone UK loss

2 posters

Go down

Patterson deals with doubters after lone UK loss Empty Patterson deals with doubters after lone UK loss

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:46 am

Patterson deals with doubters after lone UK loss

Facing reality

Kentucky junior Patrick Patterson admits in the team's one loss he "didn't do anything." Though he felt he was playing hard at South Carolina, he later watched the tape and determined he'd been productive for about eight minutes, maybe less. He scored a season-low five points.

Which is not to say he was OK with the fans who affronted him on Facebook and in public for playing poorly in that game.

"That probably made me most mad: Fans criticizing myself and probably a couple of my teammates, questioning our love for Kentucky nation and for the basketball program," Patterson said. "That probably made me the most mad, that fans would approach me in person and say stuff about me.

"I talked to Coach (John Calipari) and he said, 'That's probably 15 out of the 1 million Kentucky fans. Don't worry about it. Just put it in the back of your mind.' "

After the loss, Patterson did extra work with Calipari on various frontcourt skills. He delivered double-doubles against Mississippi State and Vanderbilt—and broke a late tie with a 3-pointer in the huge Vandy win.
Blocked from history

It would have been nice if Mississippi State's Jarvis Varnado had broken Bill Russell's record or Lew Alcindor's or even Patrick Ewing's.
The NCAA did not make blocks an official statistic until 1986, however, so it was Wojciech Myrda of Louisiana-Monroe whom Varnado overtook with the 536 rejection of his career.

But it's not like some genuine basketball greats did not have a shot at this record. On the way to catching Myrda, Varnado passed Shaquille O'Neal (412), Alonzo Mourning (453) and Tim Duncan (481). Those are some serious dudes. If you own a record those guys once chased, you don't have to apologize to anyone.

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-basketball/article/2010-02-25/3-pointers-patterson-deals-doubters-after-lone-uk-loss
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Patterson deals with doubters after lone UK loss Empty Re: Patterson deals with doubters after lone UK loss

Post  Shannon Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:50 am

to those 15 Uk fans watch the game tonight and im sure you will see a changed Patterson
Shannon
Shannon

Favorite College team: : Kentucky of course
Favorite NFL team: : Colts!!

Back to top Go down