BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Herschel-Canseco

5 posters

Go down

Herschel-Canseco Empty Herschel-Canseco

Post  Carolina Kat Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:01 am

Walker on Canseco: 'I Will Hurt Him'

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Posted By Chad Dundas, THE RUMBLE

Herschel Walker didn't waste any time responding to Jose Canseco's Twitter challenge for a fight, as the former NFL star appeared on a Dallas-area radio show to let Canseco know he is not kidding around about his fledgling MMA career.

"What I do is not a circus …," Walker told hosts of The Bob & Dan Show, which was broadcasting from Miami for the Super Bowl. "I didn’t get into this to make money, I got into it for the competition. Jose is doing this for the money and my thing is, if he wants to fight me and thinks it's going to be a circus, I will hurt him. This is not a joke, I will hurt him."

In the wake of his TKO victory over Greg Nagy at Strikeforce: Miami on Saturday night, Walker was rightfully dismissive about the idea of fighting Canseco and said he hadn't yet decided whether or not to have a second MMA bout at all.

"I may do one more," Walker said. "This is not a career. As you get older, we get to the point that we think we can continue to go on … but I know that I'm getting older. Sometimes people don't know (when) it's time to walk away, but I do. I'll know it's time to walk away. When I slow down a little bit, I'll walk away."

Walker stopped Nagy – who came into the bout with a professional record of 1-1 – in the third round due to grounded strikes to the body. During his appearance on the radio show, Walker defended Strikeforce's decision to tab Nagy as an opponent, citing their similar levels of experience.

"Greg and I, we're young …," Walker said. "There's no way they could put me in there with a guy who has been doing this for eight years or whatever, I'd get killed. I don’t care how much martial arts I've learned, I'm not at that caliber of talent. I've fought with those guys, I spar them three times a week (at AKA) and that's a totally, totally different story."

If indeed Walker does decide to accept another fight, the 214-pounder said he'd remain at heavyweight.

"My thing is, there's no way I can lose any weight," Walker said. "All those (MMA) guys drop weight, but right now I only have like two percent body fat."

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

Herschel-Canseco Empty Re: Herschel-Canseco

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:00 pm

Walker would lay down an ass-whipping.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  OBXWildcat Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:36 pm

I agree, Herschel would kick his ass. Heard an interview on Stern the other day with Herschel. The guy says he has never had a drop of alcohol, done any drugs, never beat off and has only been with 2 women his entire life. He also only eats one meal a day and does all his working out through push ups, sit ups etc. with very little weight lifting. Pretty smart and classy guy and unbelievably strong.
OBXWildcat
OBXWildcat

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : Cincinnati Bengals

http://www.pizzazzpizza.net

Back to top Go down

Post  UK Maine-Iac Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:56 pm

OBXWildcat wrote:I agree, Herschel would kick his ass. Heard an interview on Stern the other day with Herschel. The guy says he has never had a drop of alcohol, done any drugs, never beat off and has only been with 2 women his entire life. He also only eats one meal a day and does all his working out through push ups, sit ups etc. with very little weight lifting. Pretty smart and classy guy and unbelievably strong.

Wow, that's some genetics right there if that's true. If he does have one more in him, I hope he shuts Canseco up. Canseco could have come off as a hero when he blew the lid open on the steroid issue, but anything he does he's doing it for a paycheck not a cleansing of the conscience.

Walker TKO, round 1.
UK Maine-Iac
UK Maine-Iac

Favorite College team: : Who do you think?
Favorite NFL team: : Saints

Back to top Go down

Post  Bho Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:40 pm

OBXWildcat wrote:I agree, Herschel would kick his ass. Heard an interview on Stern the other day with Herschel. The guy says he has never had a drop of alcohol, done any drugs, never beat off and has only been with 2 women his entire life. He also only eats one meal a day and does all his working out through push ups, sit ups etc. with very little weight lifting. Pretty smart and classy guy and unbelievably strong.

Can he read yet?? The ass whipping he laid down last weekend was impressive. He would skull drag Canseco.
Bho
Bho

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Who Dey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down