BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CATS AT ROBERT MORRIS

5 posters

Go down

CATS AT ROBERT MORRIS Empty CATS AT ROBERT MORRIS

Post  Carolina Kat Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:28 am

So The Cats Lose To Vandy In The SEC Tournament And Deservedly Get Snubbed By The NCAA. Mad

Now The #1 Seeded Wildcats Play AT Robert Morris (In Pennsylvania) In The 3,056-Seat Charles L. Sewell Center On Tuesday At 7:30 p.m. On ESPN Because Rupp is Being Used By Louisville And Others For The NCAA Tournament. The Winner Of This Game Will Play The Winner Of Providence And UNC-Charlotte. Rolling Eyes

What Do You Think? Sleep

Last edited by Carolina Kat on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:18 am; edited 5 times in total

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

CATS AT ROBERT MORRIS Empty Re: CATS AT ROBERT MORRIS

Post  stuckinknoxville Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:33 am

I think they got what they deserved. For the first time in the Calipari era, I don't even feel like filling out a bracket.
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  MULECHOPS Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:22 am

March sadness.
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Blue Nation Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:03 pm

Does anybody even care anymore?
Big Blue Nation
Big Blue Nation

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:26 pm

Big Blue Nation wrote:Does anybody even care anymore?

Not really. I'm more interested in what Julius Randle has to say tomorrow than watching this game.
It would be like watching the old consolation games in the 70s.
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

CATS AT ROBERT MORRIS Empty why

Post  Tailofthecat Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:10 pm

With all the large venues in the state of Kentucky has anyone made mention of why they could not have used one of those. Memorial holds more than RMU gym.
You have the old Louisville venue at the fairgrounds and is there not a state school that has a fairly large place. Heck there is probably a HS gym in Lexington that seats more than that gym. Did all the tickets go to the RMU fans or did the cat fans just not buy thier tickets. I have never seen a #1 seed play an away game ever. This is not an excuse for the loss or the way we played however we did not get a call all night. Refs look rattled like some do calling big HS games when the away team can't get a call cause the refs want to get out alive. Mad Mad

Tailofthecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Kat Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:13 am

Don't know this for a fact but my guess is that someone in the athletic department totally dropped the ball.

Knowing that you're fighting for an NCAA bid down the stretch, somebody should have been reserving a site or two for the NIT in case the Cats didn't make it. You have to think that the Florida win was unlikely and winning in the SEC wasn't probable honestly.

Back when Gillispie was around, they used Memorial. Unless the NCAA reserved that already, there's no excuse not to have that venue available and ready for the NIT game. But if that venue was booked by the NCAA for an alternate practice site or whatever, there's Freedom Hall and the Chicken Bucket in downtown Louisville.

There's Morehead and Eastern less than an hour away and of course Murray and Western that might have been used. Sure it would have taken some planning and negotiation with those schools, but that's what Assistant ADs do and what Director of Athletics have staff meetings for. I blame this directly on Mitch.

So if you were one of the players, I'd be pissed too that nobody bothered booking a site where Big Blue Nation could gather. And then to be sent to Robert Morris, since that was the draw, you knew that was a Hornet's Nest and was going to be a difficult game. We all knew that.

It was pathetic but I'm glad the season is over. I'd much rather it not have happened that way and there was no excuse for the players to be so dis-interested, but it happened and I really believe that someone totally dropped the ball or otherwise, Mitch and his staff didn't want to do anything to lengthen the season and it s showing.

JMO

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down