BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bob Knight's Disrespect of Kentucky Wildcats Is Despicable

+3
sohsdragon
BestdamnUKfanperiod
Mikey
7 posters

Go down

Bob Knight's Disrespect of Kentucky Wildcats Is Despicable Empty Bob Knight's Disrespect of Kentucky Wildcats Is Despicable

Post  Mikey Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:54 am

By Ryan Rudnansky(Featured Columnist) on March 19, 2012

Bob Knight hasn't hidden the fact that he dislikes John Calipari and the Kentucky basketball program.

The difference now is he's a college basketball analyst for ESPN. As an analyst, it's his job to give credit where credit is due.

Knight refused to say "Kentucky" during weekend segments on ESPN, instead referring to the Wildcats as that "team from the SEC." Kyle Tucker of The Courier-Journal was among those who noticed Knight's omission of the word.

Knight's former team, the Indiana Hoosiers, plays Kentucky in the Sweet 16 on Friday. This is bias at its worst.

Kentucky is the best and most dominant team in college basketball this season. Offensively, the Wildcats are a scary combination of athleticism, strength and skill.

Defensively, they held opponents to under 40 percent shooting during the regular season. They have a premier shot-blocker in freshman sensation Anthony Davis, who figures to be the No. 1 overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft.

There is such a thing as giving respect where it's due. If Knight doesn't like Calipari and Kentucky off the court, that's fine.

As a college basketball analyst, even a college basketball fan, he can't deny what the Wildcats have done this season. They are perhaps the most talented team in the country, but that talent also has to play well together, and the Wildcats have worked hard to do so.

In the end, Knight doesn't come off as an analyst at all, but a whining crybaby who is jealous Kentucky is getting more attention than his Hoosiers.

As Richard Deitsch of Sports Illustrated wrote on Monday, "Knight’s de facto refusal to say the name of a certain SEC school is the kind of petulance I’d expect from a seven-year-old denied a second cup of chocolate ice cream."

Kentucky can't do much right now to silence Knight. He's delusional, and delusional people say and do crazy things.

If Calipari and the Wildcats really want to shut Knight up, they'll do so on the hardwood against Indiana on Friday.

Perhaps then, he'll start talking some sense
Mikey
Mikey

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Bengals

Back to top Go down

Bob Knight's Disrespect of Kentucky Wildcats Is Despicable Empty Re: Bob Knight's Disrespect of Kentucky Wildcats Is Despicable

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:17 am

He is such an ass.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Bob Knight's Disrespect of Kentucky Wildcats Is Despicable Empty Re: Bob Knight's Disrespect of Kentucky Wildcats Is Despicable

Post  sohsdragon Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:30 pm

Oh hey, who's everyone's least favorite basketball analyst?

Mine's that guy that used to coach Texas Tech. I think he might have coached Indiana too, but...
sohsdragon
sohsdragon

Favorite College team: : Kentucky

Back to top Go down

Post  MULECHOPS Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:30 am

102-90 HAS been prick! That's all I got to say.
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:25 pm

I actually like him until he started pulling this crap with UK and Cal. phuk him
Californication
Californication

Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Post  bcking00 Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:24 am

I agree. I always liked him until this crap started to happen. Be professional.

BK
bcking00
bcking00

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : Cincinnati Bengals

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:17 pm

I hope this title caused him some much deserved grief.
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down