BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hank Apologizes For Comment

3 posters

Go down

Should ESPN Put "Are You Ready" Back On MNF After Hank's Apology?

Hank Apologizes For Comment I_vote_lcap75%Hank Apologizes For Comment I_vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]
Hank Apologizes For Comment I_vote_lcap0%Hank Apologizes For Comment I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Hank Apologizes For Comment I_vote_lcap0%Hank Apologizes For Comment I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Hank Apologizes For Comment I_vote_lcap25%Hank Apologizes For Comment I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Hank Apologizes For Comment Empty Hank Apologizes For Comment

Post  Carolina Kat Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:20 pm

Updated: October 5, 2011, 8:29 AM ET

Hank Williams Jr. issues apology
ESPN.com news services

Hank Williams Jr. issued an apology on Tuesday, one day after ESPN pulled his introductory song for Monday Night Football after the singer used an analogy involving Adolf Hitler and President Barack Obama to make a political point.

Williams, in a statement posted on Facebook and his website Tuesday, said that his passion for politics and sports "got the best or worst of me."

In an interview Monday on Fox News' "Fox & Friends," Williams, unprompted, said of Obama's outing on the links with House Speaker John Boehner: "It'd be like Hitler playing golf with (Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin) Netanyahu."

Asked to clarify, Williams said, "They're the enemy," adding that by "they" he meant Obama and Vice President Joe Biden.

Williams backed off Tuesday.

"The thought of the leaders of both parties jukin and high fiven on a golf course, while so many families are struggling to get by simply made me boil over and make a dumb statement," Williams wrote on Facebook and his website. "I am very sorry if it offended anyone."

ESPN pulled his song, "All My Rowdy Friends," which has opened Monday Night Football for two decades. In a statement Monday prior to the Indianapolis-Tampa Bay game, ESPN said: "While Hank Williams, Jr. is not an ESPN employee, we recognize that he is closely linked to our company through the open to Monday Night Football. We are extremely disappointed with his comments, and as a result we have decided to pull the open from tonight's telecast."

Williams issued a statement through his publicist on Monday night, saying in part: "Some of us have strong opinions and are often misunderstood. My analogy was extreme -- but it was to make a point. I was simply trying to explain how stupid it seemed to me -- how ludicrous that pairing was. They're polar opposites and it made no sense. They don't see eye-to-eye and never will. I have always respected the office of the president."

Tuesday, he issued another statement. ESPN had no comment on whether Williams' song would be used on future telecasts.

Information from The Associated Press is included in this report.

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

Hank Apologizes For Comment Empty Re: Hank Apologizes For Comment

Post  MULECHOPS Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:34 am

It wasn't Hank talking! It was probably Jim Beam! Anyway if he was a hip hop artist all would have been ignored.
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:10 pm

MULECHOPS wrote:It wasn't Hank talking! It was probably Jim Beam! Anyway if he was a hip hop artist all would have been ignored.

They ignored the hip hop artists and actors when they continually slammed W. Hank wasn't even making a statement about the prez, he was making an analogy about the relationship between oboma and boehner. I get so tired of the double standard.
Californication
Californication

Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down