BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK Getting Picky?

2 posters

Go down

UK Getting Picky? Empty UK Getting Picky?

Post  Bho Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:15 pm

From ESPN Insider:

Whoever would've thought that we'd get to the point where Kentucky could pick and choose whom to offer scholarships to? But that speaks to the job former coach Rich Brooks did in rebuilding the program. New coach Joker Phillips said on Saturday that, with three or four slots remaining, "we're not going to take guys just to take guys. We want to take better than what we have already committed to us."

The Cats' top target is four-star DT Mike Thornton, who would be their most highly regarded recruit if he commits. But Thornton is still considering the likes of home-state Georgia, Auburn and USC, which makes UK a mighty long shot. Phillips is also trying to get in the mix for another Georgia prospect, four-star WR Da'Rick Rogers, who has committed to the Bulldogs but is visiting Tennessee this weekend. But again, it appears to be a huge long shot.

More likely possibilities include: three-star WR Maudrecus Humphrey, son of former Alabama RB Bobby Humphrey; three-star ATH Sam Gibson, an LSU commitment; Gibson's teammate two-star CB Cedric Smith, who is committed to Arkansas State; three-star RB D.J. Howard, who might decommit from Auburn if the Tigers get four-star RB Marcus Lattimore; and three-star RB Miles Simpson, a Kentucky native.
Bho
Bho

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Who Dey

Back to top Go down

UK Getting Picky? Empty Re: UK Getting Picky?

Post  edgehollow Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:35 am

Being reported on HOB that per Scout, Humphrey committed to Arkansas.

I don't get how Petrino could win over a cactus. Strange, to say the least.

Edge
edgehollow
edgehollow

Favorite College team: : My beloved Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : Oakland Raiders (and I don't EVEN want to hear it)

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum