BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could be....

+3
Californication
UK Maine-Iac
BestdamnUKfanperiod
7 posters

Go down

Could be.... Empty Could be....

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:40 pm

Could be a long season if Kanter isn't allowed to play. I'll be glad when Miller and Liggens and Harrellson and Hood are gone off this team, Miller seems to have no clue, had a decent game but still does stupid stuff. Liggens can drive to the hole but does no good when you can't hit any of them. Harrellson is playing hard but is way to slow and seems lost, Hood is just out there to give breathers, even tho I think Cal should use the bench a lil bit more to help guys stay out of foul trouble. There is still no way UK should have lost this game.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Could be.... Empty Re: Could be....

Post  UK Maine-Iac Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:59 pm

This might sound like bashing, but it's not at all. I really want educated on this subject.

Why do we only have ten players? Also, since coming in Kanter had this big red flag up of whether or not he'd be eligible why was another big man not brought in? Everyone knows Harrelson has the heart, but not the speed or talent to play with any major teams' bigs. And Vargas has shown nothing that he even deserves playing time. So all of that makes me wonder why there wasn't a Plan B in case Enes was ruled ineligible or was there and something happened? To go back further, why was Orton encouraged to go pro? He was a head case, but damn, he'd be a big help right now. I'm not understanding things.

Can anyone enlighten me?
UK Maine-Iac
UK Maine-Iac

Favorite College team: : Who do you think?
Favorite NFL team: : Saints

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:40 pm

Most of your questions can be answered by 4 freshmen being drafted in the first round of the NBA.
Californication
Californication

Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Bho Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:51 pm

I think it would have been hard to convince another quality big man to come in when Enes was committed. I can't imagine Cal wanting to take a player he didn't think could contribute.
Bho
Bho

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Who Dey

Back to top Go down

Post  KickAss Kats Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:16 pm

and imagine, Patterson & Orton are currently playing in the D League?? they sure would of been a big help this year.
KickAss Kats
KickAss Kats

Favorite NFL team: : Colts

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:24 am

Hind sight is always 20-20. I can't blame them for going and getting paid. Hell, they were first round picks. I have no doubt PPat will play for someone. Not sure about Orton, but he very well could do so. Based on Cal's recruiting, I got the feeling he was expecting a one and done out of Wall. I don't think anyone ever imagined Cuz going after one year, Cal included.
Californication
Californication

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:46 am

We have just two bigs right now. Both just need to learn defense, we have guys that can score, But this group has to learn to play defense plain and simple without getting beat to the basket every time and having to foul. Vargus and Harrellson I can understand the fouling some, both haven't really played a whole lot , they will improve with time and more playing time helps. Guys like Miller and Liggens drive me nuts when they foul, both played a lot last year and still keep getting beat to the basket. I still believe there was no reason in losing today, Cal is going to have to use Polson ,Hood, Poole a lil more on the road for sure. IF Enes is allowed to play that will help big time in scoring and fouls, If it was me I would start Knight, Lamb, Jones. Liggens, and Harrellson. Sit Miller until he can prove he wants to be a leader on this team. This team can be really special even if Enes doesn't play, But they have to learn defense plain and simple. We can score in the 80's every game, but doesn't do any good if they can't play Defense and letting teams hang around the whole game.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernIndianaCatsFan Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:52 am

Vargas is the most clueless player I've ever seen. Shoulda left him in juco. This is what Cal gets for telling cousins, patterson, and orton to go pro.
SouthernIndianaCatsFan
SouthernIndianaCatsFan

Favorite NFL team: : Da Colts

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Kat Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:04 am

I Agree BestDamn. Kept Watching The Game And Thinking We're Going To See a Number Of SEC Games This Year Resembling This One. Without a Big Or Unless We're Unconscious From Outside, We're Going To Be In Many Hard-Fought Battles.

FREE ENES!!

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

Post  KickAss Kats Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:12 am

BestdamnUKfanperiod wrote:We have just two bigs right now. Both just need to learn defense, we have guys that can score, But this group has to learn to play defense plain and simple without getting beat to the basket every time and having to foul. Vargus and Harrellson I can understand the fouling some, both haven't really played a whole lot , they will improve with time and more playing time helps. Guys like Miller and Liggens drive me nuts when they foul, both played a lot last year and still keep getting beat to the basket. I still believe there was no reason in losing today, Cal is going to have to use Polson ,Hood, Poole a lil more on the road for sure. IF Enes is allowed to play that will help big time in scoring and fouls, If it was me I would start Knight, Lamb, Jones. Liggens, and Harrellson. Sit Miller until he can prove he wants to be a leader on this team. This team can be really special even if Enes doesn't play, But they have to learn defense plain and simple. We can score in the 80's every game, but doesn't do any good if they can't play Defense and letting teams hang around the whole game.

I agree Best Damn, What about

PG-Knight
SG-Lamb
SF-Poole / Liggins
PF-Miller
C/PF- Jones

Yes Canter would be great, but just looking at what we have for sure,Keep working Vargas & Harrelson so they can work the power position & Center
KickAss Kats
KickAss Kats

Favorite NFL team: : Colts

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:23 am

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but Cal has pretty much set his rotation, and it only includes Hood, Poole, and Poston out of necessity, like today.
Californication
Californication

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:39 am

ktscott1 wrote:
BestdamnUKfanperiod wrote:We have just two bigs right now. Both just need to learn defense, we have guys that can score, But this group has to learn to play defense plain and simple without getting beat to the basket every time and having to foul. Vargus and Harrellson I can understand the fouling some, both haven't really played a whole lot , they will improve with time and more playing time helps. Guys like Miller and Liggens drive me nuts when they foul, both played a lot last year and still keep getting beat to the basket. I still believe there was no reason in losing today, Cal is going to have to use Polson ,Hood, Poole a lil more on the road for sure. IF Enes is allowed to play that will help big time in scoring and fouls, If it was me I would start Knight, Lamb, Jones. Liggens, and Harrellson. Sit Miller until he can prove he wants to be a leader on this team. This team can be really special even if Enes doesn't play, But they have to learn defense plain and simple. We can score in the 80's every game, but doesn't do any good if they can't play Defense and letting teams hang around the whole game.

I agree Best Damn, What about

PG-Knight
SG-Lamb
SF-Poole / Liggins
PF-Miller
C/PF- Jones

Yes Canter would be great, but just looking at what we have for sure,Keep working Vargas & Harrelson so they can work the power position & Center

Poole just doesn't seem ready I guess, only reason I like Harrelson more is because it helps him with playing time and learning more.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  UK Maine-Iac Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:28 pm

SouthernIndianaCatsFan wrote:Vargas is the most clueless player I've ever seen. Shoulda left him in juco. This is what Cal gets for telling cousins, patterson, and orton to go pro.

I could see why he would tell Cousins and Patterson to go, but not Orton. It's speculation, but it seemed like he just wanted rid of the kid. However, what's done is done on that part, it just looks like there wasn't a Plan B in place just in case Enes couldn't play, which everyone knew there was a chance of that coming in.

But like Cal said, this team was going to have some early losses. I really wish it hadn't been to UCONN and f'n UNC, but I'm hoping by the end of the year we'll be solid enough to at least be thought of as a Sweet Sixteen team. Right now, I'm not seeing it, but Cal has done more with less, so here's to hoping.

And they could just Free Enes and then we can all go about our business.
UK Maine-Iac
UK Maine-Iac

Favorite College team: : Who do you think?
Favorite NFL team: : Saints

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernIndianaCatsFan Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:02 am

Dear God, just don't let us lose to IU.
SouthernIndianaCatsFan
SouthernIndianaCatsFan

Favorite NFL team: : Da Colts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content