BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doyel: Kanter key for Cats

Go down

Doyel: Kanter key for Cats Empty Doyel: Kanter key for Cats

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:16 pm

Doyel: Kanter key for Cats

By LARRY VAUGHT
larry@amnews.com
September 20, 2010

National columnist Greg Doyel of CBSSports.com has written about Florida State’s easy win over BYU, the reasons Tennessee coach Bruce Pearl must go and closing the locker room to all media in recent days.

He’ll be on a live chat Tuesday from 2:30-3 p.m. at vaughtsviews.com to talk about Kentucky football, Kentucky basketball and other college-related subjects.

He offers his insights on Kentucky basketball to give you a preview of what Tuesday’s live chat will be like:

Question: What is your take on the Enes Kanter eligibility situation? Any big surprises for you over this?

Doyel: “It's no surprise that Kanter is being looked at by the NCAA for amateur issues, and it's no surprise that it's taking this long, and it would be no surprise if he were forced to sit a game or two or five. Only thing I'm surprised about is this: My knowledge of Kanter is that he comes from an affluent background. His dad is a doctor, I've been told. So how much money did he need from his Turkish team, beyond the normal travel costs, etc.?”

Question: What kind of job do you feel John Calipari has done at Kentucky and how is he for a long-term fit for UK?

Doyel: “He's been better than I thought. And I thought he would eventually rewrite some record books at Kentucky. Long-term, if he stays long-term, he'll join Adolph Rupp as the greatest in school history.”

Question: How good do you think Kentucky can be this year?

Doyel: “With Kanter, a national championship contender. Without Kanter, a NCAA Tournament team. Good either way, but a major difference with Kanter.”

Question: How has the national perception of Kentucky changed in the last 15 months or so?

Doyel: “Outsiders like to hate Calipari, so the perception is this: Kentucky basketball is back after slipping under Gillispie and even late in the Tubby Smith era ... but at what cost? That's the question nationally, but that follows Calipari everywhere he goes. He wins huge, and he doesn't apologize, and so people ask their questions and think their thoughts.”

Question: Who is the Kentucky player you are most anxious to see play this year and why?

Doyel: “I am dying to see Kanter play, and I hope I do. If he's really 6-11, 270 and skilled ... wow. He sounds like a burlier (Andrew) Bogut. Scary thought.”

Copyright: AMNews.com 2010
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down