BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Umpire Jim Joyce Robs Fans of History

5 posters

Go down

Umpire Jim Joyce Robs Fans of History Empty Umpire Jim Joyce Robs Fans of History

Post  Bho Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:51 am

I don't know if anyone saw the Tigers game tonight, but the pitcher had a perfect game through 8 2/3 innings and the batter hit a grounder that pulled the first baseman into the hole, he tossed to the pitcher and the umpire calls him safe although he was clearly out.
Bho
Bho

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Who Dey

Back to top Go down

Umpire Jim Joyce Robs Fans of History Empty Re: Umpire Jim Joyce Robs Fans of History

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:16 am

BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Umpire Jim Joyce Robs Fans of History Empty Re: Umpire Jim Joyce Robs Fans of History

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:18 am

Flat out terrible call.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bho Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:10 am

I still can't believe he called that guy safe. Poor kid handled the media with class.
Bho
Bho

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:17 pm

That was a damn shame all the way around. I don't know how the kid kept his cool.
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Dude Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:16 am

I think all parties should be praised for the class they showed in this situation. Joyce owned his mistake and apologized to the kid, which you don't see any other Ump doing at all, first off and second the kid not losing his cool and getting himself tossed either. MLB didn't do the right thing, like usual, but over turning it and awarding the kid the perfect game, and I think MLB oughta change the replay rules from not only ground rules for HRs but also having game changing calls like that one being challengeable as well.
Blue Dude
Blue Dude

Favorite College team: : Kentucky
Favorite NFL team: : Patriots

Back to top Go down

Post  Bho Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:55 pm

I agree with both parties handling this situation in such a great way. It shows that there is a little sportsmanship left. However I disagree with a couple of your points. I don't think that MLB did the wrong thing by not overturning it. They had no choice. Do you realize what kind of can of worms you would open. I'll explain more in a sec. The second problem I have is you referring to the call as game changing. It wasn't, it was history changing. The Tigers won. Which is why you can't overturn the call, because if it happens later in the season and costs a team a game, they would fight like hell to get it overturned.
Bho
Bho

Back to top Go down

Post  MULECHOPS Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Class guy Gallaraga.
BUT he's gotten more press (and a new Vette) than he would have otherwise.
Joyce was truly crushed by the mistake.
MLB is THE most ignorant professional organization in pro sports. Just overturn it. They did not.
I don't claim to be a MLB diehard, I do enjoy going to games.
If MLB doesn't change with the speed of the games and crap like this. How could we be surprised if MLS doesn't pass them in 10-15 years. Sleep
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Post  Bho Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:03 am

I hate to tell you that the MLS is avg. more fans than other sports in a lot of cities. NBA, NHL and MLB included.
Bho
Bho

Back to top Go down

Post  MULECHOPS Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:20 am

OK OK read my post again. That was stating that a relativley new league was going to pass "America's pastime"
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down