BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future foe Rose gives Wall advice

Go down

Future foe Rose gives Wall advice Empty Future foe Rose gives Wall advice

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Mon May 24, 2010 6:30 am

Future foe Rose gives Wall advice

Email Print Share
By Nick Firedell
No matter what John Wall does during his NBA career he will always be compared to Derrick Rose.

And vice versa.

The pair has a lot of similarities. Most notably, they are both dynamic point guards and they both played for John Calipari in college. Rose at Memphis and Wall at Kentucky. Throughout the past season, Rose was asked about Wall and how his game compared to that of the Bulls' All Star. Rose was always very complimentary and it seemed like he was looking forward to facing off against Wall at some point in the NBA.

That time is coming very soon.

Wall, who is expected to be drafted by the Wizards with the No. 1 pick later next month, was in town on Thursday for the draft combine and spoke highly of Rose and his game.

"He's a great player and a great person," Wall said of Rose. "I talked to him, asked him for advice this year because I know he's been through the same things that I've been through. Some stuff you can ask him about and some stuff you can't, but we've got a good relationship."

The Wall-Rose rivalry is one that a lot of basketball fans have been looking forward to for a while now. Both players are so explosive and can make so many things happen off the dribble that you get the sense that they may be squaring off in All Star Games for a long time.

Wall realizes that Rose's work ethic is the thing that is helping him create a name for himself in the league right now.

"He's getting better," Wall said. "He made the All Star team this year. They're saying he's putting in the work in the gym to get better year by year."

As for the speculation surrounding any kind of Wall-LeBron James package deal, Wall had this to say:

"That would be pretty big, [playing with] one of the top players in the NBA," he said. "If it happens, it happens. If not, I've got to prepare myself to face against him next year. He's a monster on the court. If you get a guy like that on your team he can help you out with so much."

No matter where James lands this summer, Wall's biggest help may be the advice he gets from Rose. The Bulls' point guard has already accomplished all the things that Wall would like to do, and he's blazed a trail for young point guards that Wall would be happy, and wise, to follow.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down