BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dale Brown Returns To Rupp

2 posters

Go down

Dale Brown Returns To Rupp Empty Dale Brown Returns To Rupp

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Thu May 13, 2010 5:14 am

Dale Brown Returns To Rupp

Good for Cal helping out a former Cat.

Dale Brown, who played a role in the Cats making it to the Final Four in New Orleans in 1993, will be bringing his team, Dillard University to Rupp either on November 5th or 7th.

"I'm so so excited," says Brown who is trying to turn Dillard around.

Dillard needs exhibition games like this to help his budget. They are strapped for cash. Playing exhibition games against his former teammates Travis Ford at Oklahoma State and John Pelphrey at Arkansas helped pay for some of Brown's scholarships.

Brown was named the the Southeastern Conference Newcomer of the Year in 1992. In 1993, he became a two-time SEC Defensive Player of the Year. He shared the defensive honor in 1992 with LSU's Shaquille O'Neal.

Brown, who expected to make it in the NBA after finishing his career at UK, is continuing his comeback story. The happiest day of his life ended up being the worst.

The day he signed with the Sacramento Kings, his mother died in a traffic accident. The Kings weren't much help. Brown says they didn't want him to leave training camp to be with his family.

Brown went home. The Kings cut him, but they paid him. Brown blew the money. But, he came back to UK, got his degree at the age of 34, and started getting serious about coaching.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dale Brown Returns To Rupp Empty Re: Dale Brown Returns To Rupp

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Thu May 13, 2010 5:15 am

This guy was one of my favorite players, you talk about hustle, this guy busted his ass every game. He was an awesome defensive player.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  agent 00 Fri May 14, 2010 7:25 pm

Me too BD!!! Nobody sacrificed his body the way Dale did. I always wondered what happened to him and am so glad he's a coach now. Best of Luck to Dale and all Hail Coach Cal for helping a former Cat.
agent 00
agent 00

Favorite College team: : Kentucky
Favorite NFL team: : Miami Dolphins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down