BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cal may listen to the Chicago bulls????

+6
duck
Californication
MULECHOPS
AddctdGmbler
Bho
KickAss Kats
10 posters

Go down

Cal may listen to the Chicago bulls???? Empty Cal may listen to the Chicago bulls????

Post  KickAss Kats Tue May 04, 2010 11:10 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqZ2VfEpMtqOsXI6VTSPG_A5nYcB?slug=aw-caliparibulls050410

Coach Cal, don't make the same mistake Rick Pitino did. we want & need you here.
KickAss Kats
KickAss Kats

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Colts

Back to top Go down

Cal may listen to the Chicago bulls???? Empty Re: Cal may listen to the Chicago bulls????

Post  Bho Tue May 04, 2010 11:39 pm

So do we go after Josh Pastner if Cal bolts? I say yes.
Bho
Bho

Favorite NFL team: : Who Dey

Back to top Go down

Cal may listen to the Chicago bulls???? Empty Re: Cal may listen to the Chicago bulls????

Post  AddctdGmbler Wed May 05, 2010 12:00 am

Bho wrote:So do we go after Josh Pastner if Cal bolts? I say yes.

No No No pale pale pale

MOFO no! I just threw up.
AddctdGmbler
AddctdGmbler

Favorite College team: : Wildcats

Back to top Go down

Post  Bho Wed May 05, 2010 12:16 am

Every time one of these rumors comes out, I am going to assume the worst until the team hires someone else. I don't know why you wouldn't want Pastner. If not him, then who? And please don't give me that Izzo crap. He isn't coming. And if you say Pelfrey or Ford, I will kick you in the NUTS!!!
Bho
Bho

Back to top Go down

Post  KickAss Kats Wed May 05, 2010 1:03 am

i don't want to go through all the crap again, let's just hope that all turns out fine, but as most have said, when you have a high profile coach, the rumors come along with him, hopefully it stays as a rumor, which rumors can be damaging as well.
KickAss Kats
KickAss Kats

Back to top Go down

Post  Bho Wed May 05, 2010 1:08 am

Crisis averted. Barnhart issued a statement saying they are restructuring Cal's contract that would let him retire as UK coach. Great move by Mitch, don't wait, just get it done!!!
Bho
Bho

Back to top Go down

Post  MULECHOPS Wed May 05, 2010 2:01 am

UK begins talks on new deal for CalipariEmail Print Comments12 Share4 Retweet4 Associated Press

LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Kentucky coach John Calipari could be in line for a raise.

Athletic director Mitch Barnhart said Tuesday night the university and Calipari have begun "initial discussions" on restructuring the coach's lucrative contract.

The statement came just hours after reports surfaced that Calipari was interested in the coaching vacancy with the NBA's Chicago Bulls. Calipari wrote on his Facebook page that he's very happy at Kentucky.

Calipari, already the highest paid coach in men's college basketball, just completed the first year of an eight-year deal that averages nearly $4 million a season. Kentucky went 35-3 last season.

Barnhart said he's proud of what Calipari has accomplished in one season and that he's excited about the program's future.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Wed May 05, 2010 2:35 am

Get used to it. We'll hear this every year until he retires or bolts for the NBA.
Californication
Californication

Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Post  duck Wed May 05, 2010 2:46 am

Cal's tweets say that he isn't interested in the Bulls job. This has probably already been posted, so don't hate too bad.

duck

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Wed May 05, 2010 4:08 am

I would be majorly pissed if Cal left for the NBA. I could understand maybe in 6 years or so, but if he left as soon as he get here, I wouldn't like the man at all.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bho Wed May 05, 2010 9:56 pm

duck wrote:Cal's tweets say that he isn't interested in the Bulls job. This has probably already been posted, so don't hate too bad.

Actually his tweets didn't say anything about not being interested. They just said he loves it at UK and his name was always going to be linked to other jobs.
Bho
Bho

Back to top Go down

Post  MULECHOPS Wed May 05, 2010 10:13 pm

I think its all Bulls sh-t! But I have to wonder if he's not considering the job why is UK offering more loot?
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Post  duck Wed May 05, 2010 10:22 pm

UKCoachCalipari: Throughout my career, I've been mentioned for other jobs. Now that I am here, u won't hear about other colleges, because I have the best job.

UKCoachCalipari: Every year you will hear my name mentioned for NBA jobs because I coaced in the league before. I'm very happy at Kentucky.

Not to say he won't leave sometime, but it sounds to me LIKE HE IS NOT INTERESTED IN GOIMG ANYWHERE.

duck

Back to top Go down

Post  Bho Thu May 06, 2010 1:03 am

MULECHOPS wrote:I think its all Bulls sh-t! But I have to wonder if he's not considering the job why is UK offering more loot?

He said that his salary is not being upped.
Bho
Bho

Back to top Go down

Post  Bho Thu May 06, 2010 1:03 am

duck wrote:UKCoachCalipari: Throughout my career, I've been mentioned for other jobs. Now that I am here, u won't hear about other colleges, because I have the best job.

UKCoachCalipari: Every year you will hear my name mentioned for NBA jobs because I coaced in the league before. I'm very happy at Kentucky.

Not to say he won't leave sometime, but it sounds to me LIKE HE IS NOT INTERESTED IN GOIMG ANYWHERE.

It might sound like that, however, you stated he said he had no interest and that isn't true.
Bho
Bho

Back to top Go down

Post  AddctdGmbler Thu May 06, 2010 1:09 am

He said he's happy at UK and that should make us nervous. That topped with the every so popular "i'm not interested in the *** job" should make us twice as worried.
AddctdGmbler
AddctdGmbler

Favorite College team: : Wildcats

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Thu May 06, 2010 1:39 am

Calipari is not going anywhere after one year. Huggins did it, but it was for his beloved WV. Lane did it for his beloved USC. There is no better NCAA gig than what Cal has, and he readily states this. He's done the NBA thing. He might better bounce a few years down the road, but no way he does this after one year, or even 3-4.
Californication
Californication

Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernIndianaCatsFan Thu May 06, 2010 5:51 am

If he left, there would be a total UK meltdown amoungst the fan base.
SouthernIndianaCatsFan
SouthernIndianaCatsFan

Favorite NFL team: : Da Colts

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Thu May 06, 2010 7:17 am

I have a source that says he has already taken the Bulls job. I can't reveal my source but he does have access to air traffic tower logs. A plane left Chicago for Louisville yesterday. Also Cal's wife has been spotted at Harry Caray's bar the last few days. This is a done deal. You just don't know it yet.

Where's the picture of me dressed like a white rapper?...
jagator
jagator

Favorite College team: : Florida
Favorite NFL team: : Jacksonville

Back to top Go down

Post  ukfreak00 Thu May 06, 2010 2:16 pm

Cal WILL go back to the NBA.

But it won't be this year.

Anyone who thinks Cal is going to retire here is fooling themselves. The guys ego is as big as the state of Kentucky. He wants to prove he can succeed in the NBA, and he'll give it another go.

However, he'll be here a few more years at least before he makes the jump again.
ukfreak00
ukfreak00

Favorite NFL team: : Cleveland Browns

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Thu May 06, 2010 2:58 pm

Cal has it made at UK, I think UK wants to keep him until he retires and they will do everything possible to do that.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernIndianaCatsFan Thu May 06, 2010 5:47 pm

jagator wrote:I have a source that says he has already taken the Bulls job. I can't reveal my source but he does have access to air traffic tower logs. A plane left Chicago for Louisville yesterday. Also Cal's wife has been spotted at Harry Caray's bar the last few days. This is a done deal. You just don't know it yet.

Where's the picture of me dressed like a white rapper?...
So you and Howard are still friends?
SouthernIndianaCatsFan
SouthernIndianaCatsFan

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Thu May 06, 2010 6:15 pm

Was that the moron who had an avatar of some Eminem wannabe claiming he had inside knowledge Donovan was already signed? I seem to remember Dun and him going at it pretty good. I wonder how he's liking these Cal to the Bulls rumors.
jagator
jagator

Favorite College team: : Florida
Favorite NFL team: : Jacksonville

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernIndianaCatsFan Fri May 07, 2010 12:32 am

jagator wrote:Was that the moron who had an avatar of some Eminem wannabe claiming he had inside knowledge Donovan was already signed? I seem to remember Dun and him going at it pretty good. I wonder how he's liking these Cal to the Bulls rumors.
Yup, that's him. He is probably tracking flights from Lexington to Chitown.
SouthernIndianaCatsFan
SouthernIndianaCatsFan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down