BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ESPN RISE: Leslie a Lock To UK

2 posters

Go down

ESPN RISE:  Leslie a Lock To UK Empty ESPN RISE: Leslie a Lock To UK

Post  Carolina Kat Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:47 am

Quick Shots: Miller on the move

Jason Jordan For ESPN RISE

04/26/10
- Every week, ESPN RISE gives you the inside scoop on the boys and girls basketball scene with quick-hitting news, notes, and tidbits. This week we continue our off-season coverage.

It looks like second-team ESPNRISE.com All-American forward Quincy Miller will be leaving Quality Education Academy (Winston Salem, N.C.) to join his best friend, Deuce Bello, at Westchester Academy (High Point, N.C.).

Miller, No. 7 in the ESPNU Super 60, and Bello, a guard ranked No. 47, both run with the D-One Sports AAU.

Miller recently posted on his Twitter account, "I will be attending Westchester with my bro for the rest of my high school days!"

He holds offers from Kentucky and Duke, among others, and averaged 25 points and 12 rebounds for QEA last season.

Broadway Wroten

Though he knows there are few guarantees in life, Garfield (Seattle, Wash.) guard Tony Wroten Jr. can assure you of one thing: When it's time for him to announce where he's going to college, it will be the greatest announcement of all time.

"I'm telling you, it's gonna be good," said Wroten Jr., a junior ranked No. 11 in the ESPNU Super 60. "I honestly don't even know what I'm gonna do yet, but it's gonna be creative and all of that. I'm pretty sure it will be on TV, too. It's gonna be memorable."

Wroten Jr. contends that his stiffest competition to this point is Ames (Ames, Iowa) swingman Harrison Barnes, a senior signed with North Carolina. Barnes, recently named ESPN RISE Mr. Basketball USA, committed to the Tar Heels live on ESPNU via Skype.

"That was pretty hot," Wroten said. "I've got to give him props for that. But I still think mine will be better. I have plenty of time to think because I don't see myself committing anytime soon. When I'm ready, y'all better be ready."

Leslie: Last Of The Mohicans

Don't expect Word of God Academy (Raleigh, N.C.) forward C.J. Leslie, a first-team ESPN RISE All-American, to commit to a college until after every other big time prospect makes their pledge.

A reliable source tell us that Leslie, ranked No. 11 in the ESPNU 100, wants to be the last to commit and will hold out until he is.

Leslie is down to Connecticut, Florida, Kentucky and N.C. State. He was supposed to visit Gainesville after the Jordan Brand Classic, but the trip was cancelled -- and with it the likelihood of him landing with the Gators.

We're hearing that he's a lock to Kentucky. Wildcats head coach John Calipari made quite an impression on Leslie when he came to his house on the first day of the April contact period.

Leslie to Kentucky is imminent. Just don't expect to hear about it anytime soon.

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

ESPN RISE:  Leslie a Lock To UK Empty Re: ESPN RISE: Leslie a Lock To UK

Post  Fossten Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:43 pm

Hope they're right.
Fossten
Fossten

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Cowboys