BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UL fans may be disgusted with Pitino's pick as NC favorites

3 posters

Go down

UL fans may be disgusted with Pitino's pick as NC favorites Empty UL fans may be disgusted with Pitino's pick as NC favorites

Post  AddctdGmbler Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:27 am

Title Shot

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/spt04/2010/01/title-shot.html

In assessing national title contenders, U of L fans may be surprised -- or disgusted -- by the team coach Rick Pitino chose as the likely favorite. While he named Texas as a team to be reckoned with, Pitino gave props to Kentucky as the frontrunner.

"They have a legitimate shot, big time shot, at winning it all," Pitino said.

He said Kansas and Texas probably have already shown what they can do when they play to their potential. But Pitino said UK was still getting better -- including standout freshman John Wall.

"They're going to go into March probably at the highest level of any team in the country," Pitino said.

I can hear the conspiracy theorists now, Pitino's thoughts should be taken at face value, but someone is inevitably going to take this as a calculated move by Pitino to add the pressure of expectations on UK and coach John Calipari.
AddctdGmbler
AddctdGmbler

Favorite College team: : Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : Colts

Back to top Go down

UL fans may be disgusted with Pitino's pick as NC favorites Empty Re: UL fans may be disgusted with Pitino's pick as NC favorites

Post  catesjets Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am

i dont think any calculated scheme was in mind simply sounds like an educated basketball mind speaking the truth. its not like the question was who does he want to win, obviously we wouldnt be picked there.
next they need to pose this question to old bobby knight lol id love to hear his opinion on the subject

catesjets

Favorite College team: : GO BIG BLUE
Favorite NFL team: : J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Back to top Go down

UL fans may be disgusted with Pitino's pick as NC favorites Empty Re: UL fans may be disgusted with Pitino's pick as NC favorites

Post  CandyinKy Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:12 pm

Well Rick cant win no matter what he says anyways. Someones always gonna read their own thoughts into what he says. I'm glad to see him talk about it when asked, and not get mad that someone asked him what he thought about Kentucky. Im guessing he was just being honest this time. I think his thoughts are right on the money too !!!
CandyinKy
CandyinKy

Favorite College team: : Kentucky !!!!
Favorite NFL team: : ummm I dun watch it

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down