BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UL's Samuels To Enter NBA Draft

2 posters

Go down

UL's Samuels To Enter NBA Draft Empty UL's Samuels To Enter NBA Draft

Post  Carolina Kat Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:57 pm

Louisville's Samardo Samuels Will Enter the NBA Draft

Bluegrass State Basketball

Ajani Williams, President of the Jamaica Basketball Association, issued the press release below yesterday. It was not know at the time if the information was accurate, but Louisville has confirmed that sophomore big man Samardo Samuels will enter the NBA Draft.

"After lengthy conversations with Samardo and his family, they would like to have him test the waters with the NBA draft," Louisville coach Rick Pitino said. "He will not hire an agent and I will orchestrate his NBA visits from my office. I have reviewed the status where Samardo stands at this time and all aspects of the process with his family. I respect his family's wishes to test the waters and support them 100 percent." Source

Here is the Jamaican press release:

PRESS RELEASE
LOUISVILLE SOPHMORE STANDOUT
SAMARDO SAMUELS (PF)
DECLARES FOR THE 2010 DRAFT
KINGSTON, Jamaica (April 19, 2010):

Samardo Samuels (PF) who hails from the home of Usain Bolt in Trelawny Jamaica has entered this year’s NBA Draft.

Samardo is a former MacDonald’s All American, USA Today’s #1 high School player and a Nike Top 5 with the likes of Brandon Jennings, Tyreke Evans, Joe Holiday, and Greg Munroe. Samardo and Greg are the last two of that batch who will now make their way to the NBA.

Samardo took Louisville to a #1 ranking as a freshman and Final 4 and an NCAA Berth in his sophomore year though the this season’s team may have lacked overall talent to have taken them further. He also carried Jamaica’s National Team, Coached by Sam Vincent (former Charlotte Bobcats Coach) to the Caribbean Championships in 2009 on their quest to get the Olympics for 2012 .

He is a projected Mid-First to Mid Second Rnd Pick. He has already shed 10lbs and is down to svelte 250, increasing his lateral speed and vertical quickness off the ground. Samardo has stated “I am looking forward to showing GM’s across the NBA my total repertoire of skills as a Power Forward and passion for the game.”

Sam Vincent “I enjoyed coaching Samardo last summer. I was impressed with his talent and his abilities to play the 4 and score effectively away from the basket. I am confident that due to his work ethic and love for the game that he will excel at the NBA level.”

Team Jamaica plays in the Centro Basket Tournament this summer July 7-11, 2010 in Dom Rep.

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

UL's Samuels To Enter NBA Draft Empty Re: UL's Samuels To Enter NBA Draft

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:47 pm

He sucks.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats