BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COUSINS: Calipari Advised Me To Go Pro

2 posters

Go down

COUSINS:  Calipari Advised Me To Go Pro Empty COUSINS: Calipari Advised Me To Go Pro

Post  Carolina Kat Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:29 pm

Updated: April 15, 2010, 1:19 PM ET

Cousins: Calipari advised me to go pro

Associated Press

LEXINGTON, Ky.
-- Kentucky center DeMarcus Cousins says coach John Calipari practically ordered him to head to the NBA rather than return for his sophomore season with the Wildcats.

Cousins is one of five Kentucky underclassmen who have declared for the NBA draft. The 6-foot-10 center was named the Southeastern Conference freshman of the year and is projected to be a top 10 pick in the draft.

Cousins said he loved his one season with the Wildcats but couldn't pass up the opportunity to turn professional. He averaged 15.1 points and 9.9 rebounds for Kentucky, which went 35-3 and won the SEC regular-season and tournament titles.

Cousins already has hired an agent and said he's eager to play at the next level, but will cherish his year at Kentucky.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

COUSINS:  Calipari Advised Me To Go Pro Empty Re: COUSINS: Calipari Advised Me To Go Pro

Post  UK Maine-Iac Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:21 pm

I'm gonna miss Cousins probably as much as Wall and Patterson. I'm glad the kid is going pro and starting on his future, but if he would've stayed, I think he would've had a Chuck Hayes type following. I don't see how anyone couldn't love this guy.
UK Maine-Iac
UK Maine-Iac

Favorite College team: : Who do you think?
Favorite NFL team: : Saints

Back to top Go down