BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Austin Rivers Decommits from Florida

Go down

Austin Rivers Decommits from Florida Empty Austin Rivers Decommits from Florida

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:22 pm

Austin Rivers Decommits from Florida

by Patrick Barker @ 2:55 pm. Filed under Blue Blooded Opinions

Austin Rivers, a five-star PG in the Class of 2011 had decommited from Florida, according to numerous sources. Rivers, son of Celtics coach Doc Rivers, had been committed to Billy D and the Gators since July of 2008. Of course, this wouldn’t warrant much mention on this site (aside from getting our jollies at Donovan’s misfortune), but with Calipari at the helm, UK is said to be in the mix for Rivers along with UNC and Duke.

Dustin can speak more to this than I can, and I expect him to be by soon with his thoughts, but it would seem that if Marquis Teague opts to go the way of the Filthy Cards, Cal might turn up the heat on Rivers, who is ranked #8 by Rivals. And now that there might be some mutual interest between Rivers and UK, that makes at least 5 of the top 10 from the 2011 class to have interest in the Cats. Cal getting it done.

Note From Dustin: Right now UK is going to keep their full attention on Marquis Teague. Rivers seems to have some very real interest in Duke at this point. To be honest, the decommitment kind of baffles me because we all knew that he was flirting with Duke and not really solid with Florida all along. This doesn’t do much except maybe get some coaches who wouldn’t flirt with a committed kid to check him out. Rivers has spoke about Kentucky in the past and didn’t seem to have any interest in exploring that option at all, although a later quote was taken from him where he said he was paying attention to Calipari and what he was doing at UK. I wouldn’t run too far with that though because the whole basketball world was paying attention.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down