BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aminu Leaving Wake Forest For NBA

Go down

Aminu Leaving Wake Forest For NBA Empty Aminu Leaving Wake Forest For NBA

Post  Carolina Kat Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:54 pm

Aminu leaving Wake Forest for NBA

(Raleigh) News & Observer

Posted: Thursday, Apr. 01, 2010

In a surprise to no one, sophomore Al-Farouq Aminu is leaving Wake Forest for the NBA.

The 6-9 forward led the Demon Deacons with 15.8 points per game and an ACC-best 10.7 rebounds per game and is considered a high first-round pick.

"This was a difficult decision," Aminu said in a statement released by the school. "But after talking it over with my family and my coaches, I believe now is the right time for me to pursue my dream of playing in the NBA."

Both NBA Draft Express and NBADraft.net project Aminu as a lottery pick.

Aminu's exit, and the loss of senior point guard Ish Smith, leaves the Deacs, who went 9-7 in the ACC and reached the second round of the NCAA tournament, in rebuilding mode for the 2010-11 season.

The Deacs have a big freshmen class of five coming in for coach Dino Gaudio's fourth season. Scout.com ranks it as the 10th-best class in the country. The Deacs will need forwards Carson Desrosiers and Melvin Tabb, from Raleigh, to help offset the losses of Aminu and senior forward Chas McFarland.

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down