BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 spot next year.

+3
Mikey
BestdamnUKfanperiod
duck
7 posters

Go down

5 spot next year. Empty 5 spot next year.

Post  duck Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:30 am

I am sure that you guys have thought about this, but just in case you didn't, if Cousins and Orton leave, we will only have 1 man over 6'8 next year. I doubt very seriously that Harrellson can be a factor down low. All of the good centers are signed for 2010. What do you think we do in this situation? Just curious?

duck

Back to top Go down

5 spot next year. Empty Re: 5 spot next year.

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:40 am

I expect Cal to fill that, Wouldn't surprise me to see a transfer coming in.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikey Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:20 am

What about that Kanter kid, he is a big man right?
Mikey
Mikey

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Bengals

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossten Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:20 pm

Remember guys, Cal's specialty is the DDM. That calls for a team of mostly 6'6" guys, maybe a couple of big bangers. This year we had such a huge team that Cal adjusted his offense around our guys. I predict he starts getting back to the DDM next year.

Look at Michigan State this year - all medium height players for the most part.

Look at Villanova last year - all players the same size.

Look at Memphis 2 years ago - only 1 or 2 tall guys.
Fossten
Fossten

Favorite NFL team: : Cowboys

Back to top Go down

Post  Bho Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:17 pm

Kanter is going to play the 5 if both leave. He is a Euro big man, but supposedly a TRUE post man.
Bho
Bho

Favorite NFL team: : Who Dey

Back to top Go down

Post  rsmc Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:06 pm

Kiel Turpin, the son of former University of Kentucky standout Melvin Turpin, recently helped Lincoln College to the National Junior College Athletic Association Division II national title game.

Now, Turpin's phone won't stop ringing.

The 7-foot, 205-pound Turpin has heard from plenty of colleges in the past two weeks including the most recent interest from Kentucky and Louisville. He said he talked with UK for the first time on Tuesday, chatting with assistant coach Orlando Antigua.

"I'm still trying to figure out if I am eligible if I come out now (after one season at the JUCO)," Turpin said. "So the schools are calling and just checking in and we're checking it out. I am not sure right now."

Turpin said he has heard from UK, U of L, USC, Mississippi State and Bowling Green among several others in just the past few days.

"I'd love to come out and go to a school now," Turpin said. "We won a national championship and I am ready for another challenge."

When asked about his connections with the UK program since his dad was a star for the Wildcats in the 1980s and the younger Turpin said he was eager to listen.

"It's been my major dream to go there because of my dad," he said. "I am very interested in Kentucky. I'll just have to wait and see what works out."

Turpin, who grew six inches during his junior and senior years of high school at Normal (Ill.) West, averaged 11 points, seven rebounds and three blocked shots as a freshman at Lincoln.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html

rsmc

Back to top Go down

Post  UK Maine-Iac Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:20 pm

Fossten wrote:Remember guys, Cal's specialty is the DDM. That calls for a team of mostly 6'6" guys, maybe a couple of big bangers. This year we had such a huge team that Cal adjusted his offense around our guys. I predict he starts getting back to the DDM next year.

Look at Michigan State this year - all medium height players for the most part.

Look at Villanova last year - all players the same size.

Look at Memphis 2 years ago - only 1 or 2 tall guys.

This is what I think too. Everyone knew Cousins was going to be good, but no one had an inkling that he would be the force he was. In fact, I believe a lot of people had him on the bench behind Orton in their "Who starts this year?" polls.

Size helps, but as we saw this year doesn't always equal success. Teams are fast and I believe Calipari, unless there's a diamond in the rough, will get a smaller, yet faster team.
UK Maine-Iac
UK Maine-Iac

Favorite College team: : Who do you think?
Favorite NFL team: : Saints

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down