BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROLL CALL - AFTER THE LOSS

+16
Shannon
SouthernIndianaCatsFan
duck
OBXWildcat
sohsdragon
agent 00
bluebox23
Big Blue Nation
Californication
ukgirl2005
Blue Dude
UK Maine-Iac
OwensboroCatFan
Bho
BestdamnUKfanperiod
Carolina Kat
20 posters

Go down

ROLL CALL - AFTER THE LOSS Empty ROLL CALL - AFTER THE LOSS

Post  Carolina Kat Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:58 pm

Everybody Here And Still With Us? scratch

Did Anybody Jump Off a Bridge? Suspect

Anybody End Up In Jail? affraid

Just Think a Year Ago Today, Was The Day After We Fired Billy Gillispie.

We Watched Clyde's Remarks In The Press Conference. Some Of Us Were Not Happy With The Decision And Some Of Us Joyous Because Enough Was Enough. Rolling Eyes

We Were Trying To Figure Out Next If We Were Going To Hire Billy Donovan Or Jay Wright Or Tom Izzo Or John Calipari Or Some Other Guy. Somebody Had Even Suggested Pat Summitt. queen

We Were All Bouncing Around bounce With Our Own Choices And Trying To Play The "If I Were Mitch" Game.

Little Did We Know, That We Were About To Go On a New Honeymoon I love you , With Our Old Love UK Basketball That Would Last For a Long Ride.

Then One Day Not So Long Thereafter sunny John Calipari Accepted The Job At UK, We Watched The LIVE Video Out Of Memphis And a Mysterious Door, In Which Calipari Was Supposed To Leave His Office. We Saw His Old House and Then Eventually His New House In Lexington.

We Took Our Recent NIT Loss To Notre Dame And Flushed All Those Other Bad Memories Down The Drain Just Like It Had Never Happened. Wink

We Saw The Not-So-Good Cats Go Their Separate Ways And The New Freshmen Come In. And Despite All Of Our Thoughts And Hopes And Wishes, Name Me a Team That Was Freshman-Heavy In Its Starters That Has Been a #1 Seed Or Won a National Championship In The Last 20 Years? study

We Got Giggly At Midnight Madness Laughing And Moreso With The First Ranking Of College Basketball Season.

We Won The Early Games And Knocked Off The Defending National Champion, Who The Year Before Was Filled With Four-Year Letterwinners That Had Played Together For Four Years. We Didn't Lose To Gardner-Webb or Some Other Unknown Two-Word School. We Didn't Have Any Alcohol-Related Stories Or Sexual Allegations Against Our Coach Or Players Arrested. Neutral

We Were The First To 2000 Wins As a Program cheers Despite The Tubby Years And The Billy Gillispie Experiment And What Was Questionably Years Of Frustration Because Mitch Was Always Supporting OTS Despite His Mediocre Accomplishments. Mad

We Began The SEC Season And Won Games Against Tennessee, Vanderbilt And Florida. In The Entire SEC Schedule, We Were Undefeated At Home And Had Only Two Road Losses. We Were Named SEC Champions. Basketball

We Won The SEC Tournament In Unbelievable Fashion And Were Rewarded a #1 Seed Like a Star @ heaven For The NCAA Tournament, a Goal That We Hadn't Reached In Years.

We Knocked Out Our First Round Opponent And Then Smashed Wake Forest Of The ACC And a Hot Cornell Team. We Were Getting Giddy Again As Cat Fans Because This Was Too Easy. geek

And Then The Bottom Fell Out. It Was a Bad Day For a Bad Day. Shocked

We Lost To a Formidable WVU Team That Was The Big East Champion And Arguably a #1 Seed Prior To Selection Sunday. There's No Reason To Forget About Nor Throw Out All The Good That Came In 2010 Because Of The One Loss. That's Like Throwing Out The Baby Along With The Bath Water. No

I Think We'll Look Back At 2010 As a New Birth Of Our Basketball Program, The Year We Went From Being a College Basketball Partcipant To a College Basketball Player Again. Twisted Evil

It's The Year We Sat Back Down At The Table With Duke, North Carolina, Michigan State, Connecticut, Kansas, Villanova, Louisville, Texas, UCLA And The Other Perennial Top 10 NCAA Powers And Said,

"Sorry We've Been Away. Thanks For Your Christmas Cards santa While We Were Out. But Get Used To It - We're Back To Stay For Awhile. So Step It Up Or We're Going To Smash Your Mouth In Recruiting And On The Hard Wood. And One Last Thing, Dicky V And ESPN Will Re-Embrace Us And Our Big Blue Nation And Will Love Us Just As Much As The Rest Of You At This Head Table And Love Us Just As Much If Not More As You Rat-Face What a Face And Crying Roy Sad ."

We've Got a Lot To Be Thankful For This Morning And It's Been a Fun Ride With Wall, Cuz, EB, PP And All The Guys. If They Want To Return, I'm Sure Nobody In Big Blue Nation Will Mind. If They Don't, I'm Sure We'll Have Some More Reports Of Fans Jumping Off Some More Bridges Rolling Eyes .

If We Accomplish As Much Next Year As We Did This Year, It's All Because Of The Experience Of 2010, jocolor The Year We Got Giddy Again About Our Basketball Program.

It Could Have Been a Whole Lot Worse. If You Don't Believe That, You Might Ask An Indiana Hoosier How Their Basketball Program Is Doing These Days lol! .

Last edited by Carolina Kat on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:20 am; edited 5 times in total

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

ROLL CALL - AFTER THE LOSS Empty Re: ROLL CALL - AFTER THE LOSS

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:40 pm

I'm here and will always be a Cat fan!
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bho Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:46 pm

I am here. Nothing crazy from this guy. We all knew that the only scenario that would get us knocked out happened. I'm sad for the guys. If you remember before the season, most analysts said that this team wouldn't be able to gel with all the new players and learn the offense. Well they were wrong. Go Cats!!!
Bho
Bho

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Who Dey

Back to top Go down

Post  OwensboroCatFan Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:08 pm

still here too.... just so thoroughly depressed. Its like a dream, I keep expecting to wake up and see that I slept through the game and we kicked their asses.... But its not. Sad I only hope that in the coming days we learn quickly who is staying and who is going so I can look foward to next season.

OwensboroCatFan

Favorite College team: : Kentucky
Favorite NFL team: : Green Bay Packers

Back to top Go down

Post  UK Maine-Iac Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:48 pm

Maine-iac is only a username, sadly I'm pretty calm in real life. So I'm here. Didn't threaten anyone or hit the Jack. I'm like everyone else and feel horrible for the players. Bledsoe was crying, which broke my heart.

But this was so much better than what we had to endure for two years. We all put a lot of expectations on our guys, but I'll take being competitive and losing in the real tournament than bowing out in the NIT ever again.

UK is back. Cal will keep bringing in the talent and he will get his National Championship at UK. We have a good base for next year with Orton, Bledsoe, Miller, and Dodson. Hell even Liggins might improve some more. Bledsoe might even be Evan Turnerish, who knows.

Is it October yet?
UK Maine-Iac
UK Maine-Iac

Favorite College team: : Who do you think?
Favorite NFL team: : Saints

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Dude Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:11 pm

"I could use my credit card and buy a rope since wal-mart's running a special... thats it then i'm hanging myself and wal-mart's paying for it!" - George Carlin, rip.

-------------

I'm just kidding around. I'm doing just fine. I might be labeled a bad fan for saying this, but the officiating isn't a reason anyone should pick to as a cause of losing, but, last night's was pretty poor. Liggs getting a T for pointing to his side of the court, like all players do when the ball goes out of bounds, to express their opinion of who's ball it is once that occurs was complete and utter bullcrap. Cuz and Miller being called for traveling when they were bothing being mugged was crap.

The NCAA's officiating all year in all leagues was pretty subpar this year and they need to reign it in. Last night's game wasn't lost by the officiating and I'm not pointing at it as a reason, just merely stating that it wasn't quite right.

With that said, we did lose because we didnt have any consistent 3 point shooters, foul trouble hurt us, and the free throws being only at 50% hurt too. Patterson needed to be a little bit more involved because i felt he was spectating again and put up some ill advised three's.
Blue Dude
Blue Dude

Favorite NFL team: : Patriots

Back to top Go down

Post  ukgirl2005 Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:35 pm

Good post CK...I'm still here but still depressed. Crying or Very sad

I can't wait to see who is staying/going...if Cuz and Wall both go I will be watching the NBA, even tho I NEVER watch it now...

I'm ready for November!!! Basketball
ukgirl2005
ukgirl2005

Favorite College team: : Tha cats

Back to top Go down

Post  ukgirl2005 Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:32 pm

Now I have no sports to look forward to... Crying or Very sad 8 looooong months til we get to see our Cats again!!!
ukgirl2005
ukgirl2005

Favorite College team: : Tha cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:46 pm

still here, and will always be here until my maker decides otherwise. go cats.
Californication
Californication

Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Blue Nation Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:12 pm

californication wrote:still here, and will always be here until my maker decides otherwise. go cats.

I agree completely. I will be a cat fan until the Good Lord decides it is time for me to go.
Big Blue Nation
Big Blue Nation

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebox23 Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:55 pm

question......if you were wall, cousins, bledsoe or whoever else may be thinking of going pro, could you go out like that? would you want that last performance to be your final college game? I don't think I could, of course I don't have the possiblilty of millions of dollars headed my way....just curious...
bluebox23
bluebox23

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:24 pm

bluebox23 wrote:question......if you were wall, cousins, bledsoe or whoever else may be thinking of going pro, could you go out like that? would you want that last performance to be your final college game? I don't think I could, of course I don't have the possiblilty of millions of dollars headed my way....just curious...

If I was going to be like a late first round pick or second round I would stay, but top 10 pick I would be gone. If its there ya gotta take it.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  agent 00 Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:19 pm

Still here and fully aboard the Big Blue Express. Sorry I wasn't around the last few days but my Monitor went out and I didn't have this sight on my laptop. Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!! Our shots simply weren't falling Sat night. What else needs to be said? West Va only shot like 38% but did hit 10 of 24 from the 3 pt line. Still, if our shots are falling even just slightly below average, we're talking about how bad we're going to beat Duke. We ass raped them on the boards but simply couldn't hit the broad side of a red barn. I knew there would come a time when I would scream for Jodie Meeks. Great season though, if somebody had told any of us we'd go 35-3, win the SEC season & tournament, and finish in the elite 8 at the beginning of the season, we certainly would've taken it.

I can only hope players like Bledsoe & Orton stay, hell even Patterson, along with Miller, Liggins, & Dodson to give us a strong nucleus for next year. Cant blame Wall & Cousins if they go pro as expected, if I got paid $10 Million for my job, I'd be on the next plane out.
agent 00
agent 00

Favorite NFL team: : Miami Dolphins

Back to top Go down

Post  sohsdragon Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:21 am

Present.

Best wishes to the Lady Cats in their Elite 8 game tomorrow Very Happy
sohsdragon
sohsdragon

Back to top Go down

Post  OBXWildcat Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:03 am

still here but still can't talk about it
OBXWildcat
OBXWildcat

Favorite NFL team: : Cincinnati Bengals

http://www.pizzazzpizza.net

Back to top Go down

Post  duck Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:58 pm

I'm still here even though Fossten will probably say other wise. Wish things could have turned out different, but we did have a great season. 35-3. Big turn around from the last 10-11 years. Some will return and new ones will come. Either way, we are back on the scene in college basketball. Basketball

duck

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthernIndianaCatsFan Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:25 pm

Still here. Missed most of my classes this week, cuz im in mourning. Should be getting ready to go to the final four...but im not.

To whoever asked if i was wall or pat or cousins and could i go out like that. no, i'd be back.
SouthernIndianaCatsFan
SouthernIndianaCatsFan

Favorite NFL team: : Da Colts

Back to top Go down

Post  Shannon Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:57 pm

lol im still here.
Shannon
Shannon

Favorite College team: : Kentucky of course
Favorite NFL team: : Colts!!

Back to top Go down

Post  MULECHOPS Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:37 pm

Why is that guy flipping me off? Rolling Eyes
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Post  AddctdGmbler Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:38 pm

californication wrote:still here, and will always be here until my maker decides otherwise. go cats.

By your "maker", do you mean Burger King? Man, I really hope Burger King decides to keep you around. Like arguing with ya. Wink
AddctdGmbler
AddctdGmbler

Favorite College team: : Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : Colts

Back to top Go down

Post  AddctdGmbler Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:40 pm

OBXWildcat wrote:still here but still can't talk about it

about what??? (shhhhhhhhhh) silent
AddctdGmbler
AddctdGmbler

Favorite College team: : Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : Colts

Back to top Go down

Post  Shannon Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:39 am

MULECHOPS wrote:Why is that guy flipping me off? Rolling Eyes

Lol i have stupid friend who cant just smile in pictures so they have to do stuff like that
Shannon
Shannon

Favorite College team: : Kentucky of course
Favorite NFL team: : Colts!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossten Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:49 pm

I never left, biatch!

I love this team. We came within a whisker of taking the title and pissing off every ESPN reporter and anchor in the United States.

We'll be back next year.
Fossten
Fossten

Favorite NFL team: : Cowboys

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossten Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:53 pm

duck wrote:I'm still here even though Fossten will probably say other wise. Wish things could have turned out different, but we did have a great season. 35-3. Big turn around from the last 10-11 years. Some will return and new ones will come. Either way, we are back on the scene in college basketball. ROLL CALL - AFTER THE LOSS Icon_basketball
Dude, take it easy. The only things I ever said to you was not to post rumors without a source, and we argued over the definition of 'outplayed.' Now you take a cheap shot at me in nearly every post. I have no problem with you whatsoever, so lighten up, huh? We're all on the same side here.
Fossten
Fossten

Favorite NFL team: : Cowboys

Back to top Go down

Post  Waterboy Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:08 am

Nope......no bridge jumpin for me and I'm still on the band wagon carrying water.
Waterboy
Waterboy

Favorite College team: : Cats of course!!!
Favorite NFL team: : No Particular , old Dolphin fan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down