BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happened......tonight?

5 posters

Go down

What happened......tonight? Empty What happened......tonight?

Post  duck Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:29 am

West Virginia shot the hell out of the ball. Three of them played like Downey did when SC beat us. Everything they threw up, went in. I won't blame the refs that much, although there were SEVERAL questionable calls. Bottom line, WV outplayed the cats tonight. I think that the boys thought they would come out and do what they had been doing to the other three teams they played in the tournament. This wasn't gonna happen with WV. They are way to good a team to let that happen. They should have been a 1 seed instead of Puke. Oh well, it was one heck of a season. I hope that everyone wants that Championship so bad that they give it one more run next year. If not, it is looking pretty good that Knight signs with UK if Wall leaves. I think Bledsoe and Orton will return for at least one more year. Patterson and Cousins are more than likely gonna leave too. We may not have the team that we had this year, but we will be more experienced and Cal will recruit top talent, PERIOD.

duck

Back to top Go down

What happened......tonight? Empty Re: What happened......tonight?

Post  UK Maine-Iac Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:37 am

UK is still the better team, they just picked tonight not to be better than WV. Sucks, but what can you do. WV was dropping bombs and UK couldn't throw it in the ocean. Games like that happen, ask Kansas, Syracuse, Georgetown, and Ohio State.

What sucks the most is the higher seeds getting bounced are making it easier for Duke to win another title. Go Baylor!
UK Maine-Iac
UK Maine-Iac

Favorite College team: : Who do you think?
Favorite NFL team: : Saints

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossten Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:37 am

I don't know what game you watched, but it wasn't UK vs. WVU. Maybe you watched it in Bizarro world or something.

WVU shot 38% from the field. We shot 34% from the field, including 4-for-32 from three. That's 12.5%, by the way.

If we shoot 8-for-32, 25%, we win going away.

WVU did NOT out play us, we just shot the ball horribly. Hell, they didn't make a single FG inside the three line in the first half. Nor did they guard us outside the arc in the second half. We were wide open, and missed.
Fossten
Fossten

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Cowboys

Back to top Go down

Post  duck Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:45 am

fossten,

every post i put up here you got a problem with. I watched the same game you watched. Regardless of your stinky percentages, we did not want it as bad as they did. It was raining threes for WV. You can quote all that crap you want to. UK lost because they couldn't hit POOP, and got outplayed by a team that is no where near as good a team as UK is.

Last edited by duck on Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total

duck

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Kat Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:50 am

John Fox once said, "We had a bad day for a bad day."

A lot of the things we did all season, we did tonight but worse.

* Poor FT Shooting
* Poor Perimeter Defense
* Poor Defense Against The Dribble Drive
* Poor 3 Point Shooting
* Didn't Control The Tempo
* Acted Like Our Talent Alone Would Win The Game

And basically all of these happened tonight on the same night.

Thought Wall and Cuz played really hard. Thought Patterson was completely abysmal and totally disengaged. Just my opinion.

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

Post  duck Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:53 am

so, pretty much what you are saying cat, WE GOT OUTPLAYED.

duck

Back to top Go down

Post  UK Maine-Iac Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:56 am

One thing I don't understand is why Cal's teams can't hit FTs. UK makes those and they win tonight. But it is what it is.

Every team has a chance for their flaws to catch up with them, and tonight they did. What was ironic and sad was they guarded the three so well against a three point shooting team like Cornell, but against WV who hasn't shot the ball well all year rains it down on them.
UK Maine-Iac
UK Maine-Iac

Favorite College team: : Who do you think?
Favorite NFL team: : Saints

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:08 am

What happen tonight was Cats couldn't hit nothing! And I mean nothing, I wasn't worried about WV's 3's. Because I knew those would eventually quit, But we got behind and just couldn't hit nothing, four or five times we could have took the lead or got real close. Cats had the worse night I ever seen. I still love em, but damn I was very disappointed.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Kat Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:13 am

For any of you that remember the Joe B. Hall era, this game reminded me of the 1979 year when we got our butts handed to us by Georgetown I think.

Had Bowie and Turpin and Hurt and Hord and played like we did tonight. Want to say it was in the Final Four. Anyway, closest thing that comes to mind with this game.

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

Post  duck Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:16 am

I am very proud of our team. They had a lot of heart and played like mad men most nights. We had a bad night and that is that. Like I said, I hope they got that taste in their mouth's and are not satisfied until they win a NC.

duck

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossten Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:16 am

duck wrote:fossten,

every post i put up here you got a problem with. I watched the same game you watched. Regardless of your stinky percentages, we did not want it as bad as they did. It was raining threes for WV. You can quote all that crap you want to. UK lost because they couldn't hit POOP, and got outplayed buy a team that is no where near as good a team as UK is.
Translation: "Despite your pesky facts, I'm sticking with my fantasy."

If you don't like me disagreeing with you, stop posting nonsense.
Fossten
Fossten

Back to top Go down

Post  duck Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:19 am

Despite your pesky attitude, looks like more agree with me than they do you, so choke on your own fantasy.

duck

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossten Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:37 am

duck wrote:Despite your pesky attitude, looks like more agree with me than they do you, so choke on your own fantasy.
An argumentum ad populum (Latin: "appeal to the people"), in logic, is a fallacious argument that concludes a proposition to be true because many or all people believe it; it alleges, "If many believe so, it is so."

Too bad you haven't actually constructed an argument. You seem to want to make this personal. How childish.
Fossten
Fossten

Back to top Go down

Post  duck Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:40 am

OK, you win. I quit. Your right, I'm wrong. UK was the better team tonight. Hope they win their next game.

duck

Back to top Go down

Post  duck Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:47 am

Patterson quote : "Unfortunately we fell short to a team that OUTPLAYED US."

Gee, wonder what game he watched?

duck

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossten Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:58 am

duck wrote:Patterson quote : "Unfortunately we fell short to a team that OUTPLAYED US."

Gee, wonder what game he watched?
Now you're using circular logic to support your argument.

If 38% from the field is what you call 'shooting the hell out of the ball', the Pope is Presbyterian.

Next you're going to argue that Calipari got outcoached and that WVU is going to win it all.
Fossten
Fossten

Back to top Go down

Post  duck Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:15 am

Nope. He did one hell of a job. He made Huggins look like a high-school coach. I wasn't arguing, I was just placing a quote from a player that played in that particular game tonight. Seems that he and I also have the same opinion. And yes, I know that it is just an opinion. It was 38% from the field, but it was also 43% from behind the arc to 12% from behind the arc. I would take the 43% any day, especially when 23 of the 52 shots where from that area of the floor. And 38% of 52 shots is way better than 34% of 67 shots. They outplayed, outhustled, and outshot UK tonight.

duck

Back to top Go down

Post  duck Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:17 am

"They outplayed us," said Calipari. He couldn't have watched the same game that I watched.

duck

Back to top Go down

Post  Fossten Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:23 pm

You can say that until you're purple in the face and it won't change the fact that if we had had a normal shooting night, WVU wouldn't even have been able to compete in that game.

We lost because we shot the ball badly. Period.
Fossten
Fossten

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum