BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coach Self: Kansas freshman Henry ready for NBA

Go down

Coach Self: Kansas freshman Henry ready for NBA Empty Coach Self: Kansas freshman Henry ready for NBA

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:50 pm

LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) -- Kansas coach Bill Self believes freshman star Xavier Henry is ready to compete in the NBA if he decides to declare for the draft.

"There's no question in my mind that he is definitely equipped and ready to be paid," Self said Tuesday. "No question. Now, the question to the family is, 'Is he ready to play and impact the NBA game?'

"I personally think he can do that. But that's something they need to decide as a group."

The 6-6 guard averaged 13.4 points for the Jayhawks, who were ousted in the second round of the NCAA tournament.

Self also said he expected junior center Cole Aldrich to decide in about a week whether he will enter the NBA draft or remain for his senior season.

Henry and his older brother, C.J. Henry, signed with Kansas last year after opting out of a commitment to Memphis. Self said it would be a family decision whether Xavier Henry stays or leaves.

"I'll meet with X and see what he and his family want me to do," Self said. "I'll do whatever they want me to do, but that will be a family decision. There is no timetable I have whatsoever on them getting together and making a decision. I don't think a decision has been made yet. I think there's probably a way in which they're leaning. But we'll wait and see what happens.

"With Xavier, we knew there would be a great chance he would be one-and-done. I'll support whatever direction they go."

Self said he visited with Aldrich on Monday. The 6-11 center averaged a shade less than a double-double and set the school record for blocked shots in a season.

"To me, with Cole, it doesn't have much to do with where people have him projected (in the draft). We know he's going to get drafted pretty high," Self said. "It's what would be best for his family. It could be best for his family for Cole to come back. But I've said this all along, I'm not encouraging that at all. I think it's something he has to feel totally comfortable with."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/ncaa/mens-tournament/03/23/self.henry.ap/index.html?eref=twitter_feed#ixzz0j6re9XuK
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down