BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knight Rips UK ! UK Responds To LEX 18

5 posters

Go down

Knight Rips UK ! UK Responds To LEX 18 Empty Knight Rips UK ! UK Responds To LEX 18

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:44 pm

Knight Rips UK ! UK Responds To LEX 18

Posted: Apr 18, 2011 5:40 PM
Updated: Apr 18, 2011 5:45 PM

Bobby Knight ripped UK big time. It's not the first time, but this time, UK is responding.

Saturday night in Wabash, Indiana, Knight was asked if Cal was good for college basketball.

"I'm sure if I was a Kentucky fan, I would," says Knight. "I'm not a Kentucky fan."

Then he ripped UK big time.

"Kentucky, year before last, started five players in the NCAA tournament games that had not been to class that semester. That's that one and done philosophy," said Knight.

UK's Athletics Director is mad. When Mitch Barnhart uses the words "blatantly erroneous," he's very upset.

"The University of Kentucky, our student-athletes and their families take great offense to the blatantly erroneous comments made by Bob Knight that ‘Kentucky, year before last, started five players in the NCAA Tournament games that had not been to class that semester," "UK Athletics Director Mitch Barnhart said in a statement released to LEX 18 Sports.

"Academic performance has always been a priority at UK and it's unfortunate that, although every starter from the 2010 season finished the spring semester in good academic standing, these myths exist. Our men's basketball team's APR score reflects our attention to academic progress and our student-athletes take great pride in representing the University of Kentucky on and off the floor," says Barnhart.

Patrick Patterson wasn't very happy. We cleaned up one word.

"Ha. I'm not even gonna comment on such #bs (excuse my French) think me graduating and teammates GPA's speak for themselves.. don't u?," Patterson sent out via Twitter.

Bobby Knight is totally different depending on who his audience is.

When I talked with him before the NCAA tournament this year, he only had nice things to say about Cal.

A couple of years ago, again in Indiana, he said he couldn't believe Cal was still coaching because of his lack of integrity.

At that time, Cal took the high road and would not rip Knight. If he stays true to his form, Cal will take the high road again.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Knight Rips UK ! UK Responds To LEX 18 Empty Re: Knight Rips UK ! UK Responds To LEX 18

Post  Bho Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:08 am

Knight is a douche.
Bho
Bho

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Who Dey

Back to top Go down

Knight Rips UK ! UK Responds To LEX 18 Empty Re: Knight Rips UK ! UK Responds To LEX 18

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:37 am

I can't stand Knight, he is a total idiot. I'm glad UK spoke back.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  MULECHOPS Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:37 am

He's just got the red ass because he's a has been fat loser.
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:07 pm

This doesn't really bother me. Everyone knows Knight speaks his mind and will go off on a rant now and again. He's not picking on UK specifically, he's an equal opportunity ass and is usually taken with a grain of salt.
I'm glad UK responded, as they should, but Bobby Knight really doesn't have any creditibility so, in other words, big deal.
I think he's just a bit jealous of Cal and how successful he is at playing the system....as are many others.
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:17 pm

stuckinknoxville wrote:This doesn't really bother me. Everyone knows Knight speaks his mind and will go off on a rant now and again. He's not picking on UK specifically, he's an equal opportunity ass and is usually taken with a grain of salt.
I'm glad UK responded, as they should, but Bobby Knight really doesn't have any creditibility so, in other words, big deal.
I think he's just a bit jealous of Cal and how successful he is at playing the system....as are many others.

Bob Knight hates UK and always has.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  UK Maine-Iac Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:55 pm

Ugh, when I saw the headline my first thought was, "What did Brandon say?" What a Face

But to find out it was Bob, I'm not surprised. Haters gonna hate. He's as relevant to today's basketball as a peach basket is.
UK Maine-Iac
UK Maine-Iac

Favorite College team: : Who do you think?
Favorite NFL team: : Saints

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down