BIG BLUE NATION

Upon further review

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Upon further review

Post  jagator on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:42 am

BestdamnUKfanperiod wrote:
jagator wrote:The way it appears to me is the committee doesn't look at the SEC Tournament as a singular event. They look at each game as a separate event. So this weekend UK didn't win the SEC Tournament. They beat Ole Miss, Alabama and Florida. The Florida win was a good win but the other two made them yawn. Florida on the other hand beat Tennessee, Vanderbilt and lost to Kentucky. So the Gators picked up two quality wins and a non bad loss. So actually we may have gained ground over the weekend even though you won the tournament.

Sorry I don't buy that, The committee I believe already had us as a 4 . and didn't want to change it, No matter tournament or not, we have beat Vandy, UT twice, and you guys two times. I'm not worried about Florida getting a 2 seed. but everyone knows we deserved a 3 seed at least. I'm not losing any sleep over it. It just bothers me when these kids bust their ass and don't get what they deserve, UK or anyone, If a team earned it they should get it.

You dont know that though. You may have been a five. They never say why teams got certain seeds. All they do is tell teams this is where you're going and this who you play. Nobody has a certain criteria that if you meet this you get this seed. All you hope is there is some consistency. If you can't tell that there is a definite parallel between 2005 and 2011, then you just don't want to see it.
avatar
jagator

Posts : 529
Join date : 2010-01-12
Age : 53
Location : Daytona Beach
Favorite College team: : Florida
Favorite NFL team: : Jacksonville

Back to top Go down

Re: Upon further review

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:33 pm

jagator wrote:
Californication wrote:We beat your asses by double digits in 2 weeks, and you think you gained ground? Everybody in mainstream media, including Bozich, who hates UK, is wondering how the hell UK got a 4. You still defend it and UF's 2? Wow.

2005. Do your research.

What was your ranking in 2005 and rpi?
avatar
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Posts : 2457
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 46
Location : Elizabethtown,Ky
Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

http://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Upon further review

Post  Californication on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:41 pm

I don't care about 2005. I'm talking about this year. UK's resume says minimim 3, maybe 2. UF's resume says 4, maybe 3. In 2005, I doubt very seriously your RPI was better than our's, and I know the SOS wasn't, the same as this year. Whether you will admit it or not, everyone in sports media thinks UK, and other's like UL, were completely hosed.
avatar
Californication

Posts : 645
Join date : 2010-01-14
Location : bowling green
Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Upon further review

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:44 pm

Your ranking I believe before the NCAA tournament in 2005, we was ranked 4th and you guys wasn't ranked. After NCAA tournament we was 7th and you guys was 16th
avatar
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Posts : 2457
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 46
Location : Elizabethtown,Ky
Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

http://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Upon further review

Post  jagator on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:47 pm

You know this because...Because I'm sure you looked it up didn't you?

Face it. The committee has been amazingly consistent here. You cannot look at those two years and say otherwise. If you don't like it, then forfeit. Otherwise STFU and play ball.
avatar
jagator

Posts : 529
Join date : 2010-01-12
Age : 53
Location : Daytona Beach
Favorite College team: : Florida
Favorite NFL team: : Jacksonville

Back to top Go down

Re: Upon further review

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:55 pm

jagator wrote:You know this because...Because I'm sure you looked it up didn't you?

Face it. The committee has been amazingly consistent here. You cannot look at those two years and say otherwise. If you don't like it, then forfeit. Otherwise STFU and play ball.

Why are you getting so mad with the STFU? yeah I looked it up just like you did. If we was ranked 4th before the NCAA bracket its because we played a tougher schedule, (2 seed)you guys wasn't ranked before the tournament and got a 4 seed that year. I tried to find the rpi in 2005, but no luck. But hell you know if a team is ranked in the top 5 before the NCAA tourn, They most likely are going to be a 2 seed.
avatar
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Posts : 2457
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 46
Location : Elizabethtown,Ky
Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

http://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Upon further review

Post  Californication on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:45 pm

I never took Jag as a can't admit when I'm wrong person. Surprising.
avatar
Californication

Posts : 645
Join date : 2010-01-14
Location : bowling green
Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Upon further review

Post  jagator on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:31 pm

BestdamnUKfanperiod wrote:Your ranking I believe before the NCAA tournament in 2005, we was ranked 4th and you guys wasn't ranked. After NCAA tournament we was 7th and you guys was 16th

What was the RPI and SOS?
avatar
jagator

Posts : 529
Join date : 2010-01-12
Age : 53
Location : Daytona Beach
Favorite College team: : Florida
Favorite NFL team: : Jacksonville

Back to top Go down

Re: Upon further review

Post  jagator on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:32 pm

Californication wrote:I never took Jag as a can't admit when I'm wrong person. Surprising.

If I was I would. Since I'm not, no need.
avatar
jagator

Posts : 529
Join date : 2010-01-12
Age : 53
Location : Daytona Beach
Favorite College team: : Florida
Favorite NFL team: : Jacksonville

Back to top Go down

Re: Upon further review

Post  jagator on Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:34 pm

jagator wrote:You know this because...Because I'm sure you looked it up didn't you?

Face it. The committee has been amazingly consistent here. You cannot look at those two years and say otherwise. If you don't like it, then forfeit. Otherwise STFU and play ball.

That was actually aimed at the post above you. Not mad. I'm just saying everybody in the tournament is 0-0. Everybody has to win six in a row. We're all in the same boat. STFU and go win the damn thing and quit crying.
avatar
jagator

Posts : 529
Join date : 2010-01-12
Age : 53
Location : Daytona Beach
Favorite College team: : Florida
Favorite NFL team: : Jacksonville

Back to top Go down

Re: Upon further review

Post  SouthernIndianaCatsFan on Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:35 pm

jagator wrote:
jagator wrote:You know this because...Because I'm sure you looked it up didn't you?

Face it. The committee has been amazingly consistent here. You cannot look at those two years and say otherwise. If you don't like it, then forfeit. Otherwise STFU and play ball.

That was actually aimed at the post above you. Not mad. I'm just saying everybody in the tournament is 0-0. Everybody has to win six in a row. We're all in the same boat. STFU and go win the damn thing and quit crying.
Aren't you the one who started this thread?? No one gives a damn about 2005.
avatar
SouthernIndianaCatsFan

Posts : 198
Join date : 2010-01-21
Age : 28
Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Da Colts

Back to top Go down

Re: Upon further review

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:06 am

jagator wrote:
BestdamnUKfanperiod wrote:Your ranking I believe before the NCAA tournament in 2005, we was ranked 4th and you guys wasn't ranked. After NCAA tournament we was 7th and you guys was 16th

What was the RPI and SOS?

Only one I have found in 2005 on ESPN was UK's RPI was 11th Florida's 45th
avatar
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Posts : 2457
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 46
Location : Elizabethtown,Ky
Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

http://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Upon further review

Post  Californication on Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:40 am

jagator wrote:
Californication wrote:I never took Jag as a can't admit when I'm wrong person. Surprising.

If I was I would. Since I'm not, no need.

You are wrong, and everyone knows it, and admits it but you. UK's SOS is always stronger, and the RPI is normally as well. This year is no different, and based on BD's numbers, 2005 was no different.
avatar
Californication

Posts : 645
Join date : 2010-01-14
Location : bowling green
Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Re: Upon further review

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:11 pm

BestdamnUKfanperiod wrote:
BIG RED wrote:I'm sorry I don't see the problem, UK should be delighted! Very Happy for a potenial 2nd round match up with WV a 2nd chance to show that "THEY ARE (in the words of Denny Green ) WHO THEY SAY THEY ARE" Wink.......but on the other hand as I watched coach Dumb Dumb on the 11pm news sports cast he seemed to fall into the trap they set for him, he was in FULL denial that he's not taking it personally..... study this guy needs some instruction from Rick Pitino.

You better worry about your first game instead of worrying about UK.

Told ya.
avatar
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Posts : 2457
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 46
Location : Elizabethtown,Ky
Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

http://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Upon further review

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum