BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upon further review

+6
UK Maine-Iac
Californication
agent 00
MULECHOPS
BestdamnUKfanperiod
jagator
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Upon further review Empty Upon further review

Post  jagator Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:05 pm

The NCAA has seeded UF and UK if not fairly, at least consistently. Case in point. 2005 NCAA brackets. Florida beat Kentucky two of three times including a 70-53 (that score sound familiar?) whipping in the SEC Tournament Championship game. Kentucky got a 2 seed. Florida got a 4.
jagator
jagator

Favorite College team: : Florida
Favorite NFL team: : Jacksonville

Back to top Go down

Upon further review Empty Re: Upon further review

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:57 pm

If we didn't get the 2 seed I thought for sure a 3 seed, that what makes me mad. I believe we at least deserve that. And once again we could play WV. Seem to me the NCAA has something against UK or Cal. JMO
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MULECHOPS Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:03 pm

Two wrongs don't make a right. Interesting though.
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Post  agent 00 Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:28 pm

Your honor, I have no recollection of that event lol!
agent 00
agent 00

Favorite College team: : Kentucky
Favorite NFL team: : Miami Dolphins

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:58 pm

That's neither here nor there. UConn was rewarded for winning their conference, and UL slighted for not. Pitt still got a #1, for whatever reason. UK gets no bump for winning, and UF gets no slight for not. No consistency at all. Not only a 4, but the number 4 4. Insane. #4 seed ranked 10?
Californication
Californication

Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Post  UK Maine-Iac Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:15 am

This year there was no need for conference tournaments. Pittsburgh and Purdue lose early and it effects their seeding none. Well maybe a little for Purdue. And we all know about Florida and I'm still laughing that SDST got a two seed in Duke's bracket. And no one can tell me that having WV as a possible second round match up isn't a jab followed by some snickers toward UK and Cal.

The committee could at least try to hide their bias, but that might take more brains than they have.
UK Maine-Iac
UK Maine-Iac

Favorite College team: : Who do you think?
Favorite NFL team: : Saints

Back to top Go down

Post  BIG RED Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:48 am

I'm sorry I don't see the problem, UK should be delighted! Very Happy for a potenial 2nd round match up with WV a 2nd chance to show that "THEY ARE (in the words of Denny Green ) WHO THEY SAY THEY ARE" Wink.......but on the other hand as I watched coach Dumb Dumb on the 11pm news sports cast he seemed to fall into the trap they set for him, he was in FULL denial that he's not taking it personally..... study this guy needs some instruction from Rick Pitino.
BIG RED
BIG RED

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:51 am

BIG RED wrote:I'm sorry I don't see the problem, UK should be delighted! Very Happy for a potenial 2nd round match up with WV a 2nd chance to show that "THEY ARE (in the words of Denny Green ) WHO THEY SAY THEY ARE" Wink.......but on the other hand as I watched coach Dumb Dumb on the 11pm news sports cast he seemed to fall into the trap they set for him, he was in FULL denial that he's not taking it personally..... study this guy needs some instruction from Rick Pitino.

You better worry about your first game instead of worrying about UK.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:25 am

Like I said, maybe it's not fair, but to claim there is some anti-UK bias is stupid. UF got the same exact treatment in '05. Was there an anti-Billy Donovan conspiracy? I doubt it.
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:58 am

And just for the record, how come I don't hear anyone bitching about Carolina getting a 2 seed? Carolina won the ACC regular season championship. Carolina did win the ACC Tournament. They were knocked out in the finals by a double digit margin. Gee, who does that remind you of? Where's the outrage over Carolina?
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:17 am

jagator wrote:Like I said, maybe it's not fair, but to claim there is some anti-UK bias is stupid. UF got the same exact treatment in '05. Was there an anti-Billy Donovan conspiracy? I doubt it.

Jag it is what it is, I don't care that Florida got a 2 seed, I just think UK should have at least got an 3 . I believe the Cats are ranked in the top 10 now and have a RPI of 7 , I'm a UK fan and think they earn that spot at 3 or 2. Dan Patrick even said he didn't understand that seeding. Maybe they already had UK as a 4 and didn't want to change it, I don't know. but I do know if you guys got a 4 and we got a 2, Florida fans would say what the hell? And I would even say you guys got screwed. As for UNC and Duke they always seem to get the better seed and play close to home. Its just time to get some guys who actually know what they are doing to fill out the bracket.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:41 am

Well apparently the committee puts a premium on winning the regular season games and not so much on winning the tournament. And apparently it's been that way since at least 2005. So it is incumbent upon the coaches to know this and have their teams ready to play every night in the regular season. But several times when asked this year, your coach claimed to not give a rat's ass about the regular season. So who's fault is it that you "got screwed"?

All season he kept saying "it's all about the NCAA Tournament. I don't care about winning the SEC." Well guess what? Winning the SEC is how you get a high seed in the NCAA Tournament. So maybe next year he might want to care about it a little more instead of bitching about how the committee hosed him?
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:02 am

I haven't heard him bitch, he said he was disappointed and said it is what it is. I think your making this a UK vs Florida discussion, and I'm not. I am just saying the committee screwed up, Just not on UK but other teams also, I don't remember what happen in 2005 . I just believe UK deserved a 3 seed at least.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  MULECHOPS Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:41 am

jagator wrote:And just for the record, how come I don't hear anyone bitching about Carolina getting a 2 seed? Carolina won the ACC regular season championship. Carolina did win the ACC Tournament. They were knocked out in the finals by a double digit margin. Gee, who does that remind you of? Where's the outrage over Carolina?
You feel OK Jag? Were you drinking during this post? Kentucky fans outraged over ANYTHING that happens to UNC? Rolling Eyes
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:18 pm

Seriously guys, this crap about "The NCAA has it out for Kentucky or Cal" is really getting old. Surely you guys don't really believe that? I hear the same crap in Knoxville about UT. Everyone thinks the NCAA is "just out to get Tennessee". Please, Pearl lied! Kiffin violated rules. What don't the UT fans understand about that. Also, had a UT fan tell me the other day, they hate Kentucky because they ALWAYS get ALL the calls.
Who does that sound like?

Fans are not realistic anywhere you go. Guess I'll just have to accept that and go on.
stuckinknoxville
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:03 pm

MULECHOPS wrote:
jagator wrote:And just for the record, how come I don't hear anyone bitching about Carolina getting a 2 seed? Carolina won the ACC regular season championship. Carolina did win the ACC Tournament. They were knocked out in the finals by a double digit margin. Gee, who does that remind you of? Where's the outrage over Carolina?
You feel OK Jag? Were you drinking during this post? Kentucky fans outraged over ANYTHING that happens to UNC? Rolling Eyes

I'm talking about the media there. Barkley especially. He took shots at UF and so did his sidekick who played for UNC. But they of course had no problem with the Tar Holes getting rheamed and then bagging a two seed.
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:09 pm

BestdamnUKfanperiod wrote:I haven't heard him bitch, he said he was disappointed and said it is what it is. I think your making this a UK vs Florida discussion, and I'm not. I am just saying the committee screwed up, Just not on UK but other teams also, I don't remember what happen in 2005 . I just believe UK deserved a 3 seed at least.

No. It's not a UK vs. UF discussion. It's a "this is how the NCAA determines the seedings" discussion. If you can't go back and look at 2005 and see that the NCAA is consistent, then your just in denial. UF and UK are just the teams in the example. You have the exact same scenario only with the two schools swapping positions and you have the exact same result. So if you are the coach next year, are you going to come off with this attitude of "who cares about the regular season?" If you do then don't be surprised if you get a crappy seed. You want a good seed? Win games. It's that simple. Don't depend on winning the SEC TOurnament. Obviously winning in the regular season carries more weight.
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:30 pm

jagator wrote:
BestdamnUKfanperiod wrote:I haven't heard him bitch, he said he was disappointed and said it is what it is. I think your making this a UK vs Florida discussion, and I'm not. I am just saying the committee screwed up, Just not on UK but other teams also, I don't remember what happen in 2005 . I just believe UK deserved a 3 seed at least.

No. It's not a UK vs. UF discussion. It's a "this is how the NCAA determines the seedings" discussion. If you can't go back and look at 2005 and see that the NCAA is consistent, then your just in denial. UF and UK are just the teams in the example. You have the exact same scenario only with the two schools swapping positions and you have the exact same result. So if you are the coach next year, are you going to come off with this attitude of "who cares about the regular season?" If you do then don't be surprised if you get a crappy seed. You want a good seed? Win games. It's that simple. Don't depend on winning the SEC TOurnament. Obviously winning in the regular season carries more weight.

We only lost 8 games, . And when he said he wasn't worried, he was talking about the SEC tournament. Like I said it is what it is now and in 2005. No changing it now anyways.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:14 pm

In 2005 we lost 7. There is no anti-UK screw job going on here. Should the post season tournaments carry more weight? Maybe. But they don't. And it's been that way at least for a while now. So next year plan accordingly. Win the regular season championship. Get a higher seed.
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  agent 00 Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:58 pm

So I take it that UConn, who finished 9th in the Big East, was locked in as a 3 seed before the Big East Tournament started and their winning the tournament had no bearing on pole vaulting from a 6 seed to a 3 seed.
agent 00
agent 00

Favorite College team: : Kentucky
Favorite NFL team: : Miami Dolphins

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:29 pm

Californication
Californication

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:41 pm

Thanks Cal
Rick Bozich | What math whiz thinks Kentucky basketball is an NCAA Tournament four seed?

I agree with the top 16 seeds for the NCAA Tournament. I simply don't embrace or understand the way the Tournament Selection Committee ranked those 16 squads.

In fact, I'm puzzled. I can't find one system that suggests that either Kentucky or Texas deserved a four seed in the bracket — and I checked five ranking systems.

A two seed was more justified for both the Wildcats and the Longhorns. A three is the absolute worst starting point either Texas or Kentucky deserved.

But a four seed? Only the committee sees a dozen teams that are better than UK and Texas.

I'm not embracing the conspiracy theory that the NCAA was looking for a way to jab Kentucky and coach John Calipari because of recent dustups with Eric Bledsoe and Enes Kanter. Texas has as much reason to howl as the Wildcats.

My initial suspicion was that Louisville also took a minor snub when the Cardinals were given a four seed instead of a three. But after running the numbers, U of L's four can be justified.

I seeded the teams by averaging five different rankings — three computer and two human.

The computer rankings I used were the NCAA's Ratings Percentage Index (RPI), Jeff Sagarin's Predictor formula (which includes margin of victory as one factor) and Ken Pomeroy's formula.

The human polls are the ones everybody follows: The Associated Press Top 25 writers' poll and the USA Today/ESPN coaches' poll.

Kentucky ranks 11th or better in every poll. The Wildcats are a consistent seventh in all three computer formulas.

In other words, everybody considers the Wildcats at least a three seed. Except the Selection Committee, which must consider UK the last four-seed because Kentucky is placed in the same regional (East) as the overall top seed, Ohio State. That's silly.

Ditto for Texas. The Longhorns' lowest rating is 10th in the RPI. Coach Rick Barnes' team is ranked fourth — a one-seed — by Sagarin Predictor and Pomeroy. Again, at least a three seed with everybody.

If you average the five ratings, this is the way the tournament should be seeded (in order):

BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:58 pm

agent 00 wrote:So I take it that UConn, who finished 9th in the Big East, was locked in as a 3 seed before the Big East Tournament started and their winning the tournament had no bearing on pole vaulting from a 6 seed to a 3 seed.

The Big East is a whole different animal. You should know that by now. Those guys had to win five games in five days and not against Ole Miss and Alabama.
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:59 pm

Was he crying foul in 2005 when the shoe was on the other foot? If not then he needs to STFU.
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:09 pm

jagator wrote:

Was he crying foul in 2005 when the shoe was on the other foot? If not then he needs to STFU.

The guy is a Louisville fan, if he agrees you know something isn't right. lol
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:47 am

The way it appears to me is the committee doesn't look at the SEC Tournament as a singular event. They look at each game as a separate event. So this weekend UK didn't win the SEC Tournament. They beat Ole Miss, Alabama and Florida. The Florida win was a good win but the other two made them yawn. Florida on the other hand beat Tennessee, Vanderbilt and lost to Kentucky. So the Gators picked up two quality wins and a non bad loss. So actually we may have gained ground over the weekend even though you won the tournament.
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Kat Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:52 am

Thinking the fact you won the regular season title and was on a roll before getting smacked by a hot UK team played a lot in their minds.

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:53 am

We beat your asses by double digits in 2 weeks, and you think you gained ground? Everybody in mainstream media, including Bozich, who hates UK, is wondering how the hell UK got a 4. You still defend it and UF's 2? Wow.
Californication
Californication

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:32 am

jagator wrote:The way it appears to me is the committee doesn't look at the SEC Tournament as a singular event. They look at each game as a separate event. So this weekend UK didn't win the SEC Tournament. They beat Ole Miss, Alabama and Florida. The Florida win was a good win but the other two made them yawn. Florida on the other hand beat Tennessee, Vanderbilt and lost to Kentucky. So the Gators picked up two quality wins and a non bad loss. So actually we may have gained ground over the weekend even though you won the tournament.

Sorry I don't buy that, The committee I believe already had us as a 4 . and didn't want to change it, No matter tournament or not, we have beat Vandy, UT twice, and you guys two times. I'm not worried about Florida getting a 2 seed. but everyone knows we deserved a 3 seed at least. I'm not losing any sleep over it. It just bothers me when these kids bust their ass and don't get what they deserve, UK or anyone, If a team earned it they should get it.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:36 am

Californication wrote:We beat your asses by double digits in 2 weeks, and you think you gained ground? Everybody in mainstream media, including Bozich, who hates UK, is wondering how the hell UK got a 4. You still defend it and UF's 2? Wow.

2005. Do your research.
jagator
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next