BIG BLUE NATION

Defense Will Be A Focus In SEC Tournament

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:42 am

They say defense wins championships. If UK's going to get one either in the SEC tournament or NCAA tournament, they have to be on their defensive game.

That means getting contributions from everybody. We know DeAndre Liggins can play defense and that's not going to change. The rest of Liggins' teammates have to buy in to his attitude.

"There's no hate, it's competitive. It's all about just being competitive and doing whatever it takes to help my team out because at the end of the day, we're all just playing," said Liggins.

Doron Lamb was a defensive liability for much of the season. But Coach Cal has challenged him and at times, he's risen to the occasion. Lamb will have to continue that and it's Cal's confidence in him that helping.

"I've been trying to work on defense and do what I have to do to help our team win. I'm trying to stay in front of the guy I'm playing and let it lead into the offense. I got a lot of confidence since Coach was having me guard the best player. I'm doing a good job I think, so if he keeps giving me that job I'm going to do it and get better at it," said Lamb.

Lamb's game has always been more focused on the offensive end of the court, so he has struggled trying to make his game more complete. He's getting there.

"I've enjoyed it but its hard trying to play both offense and defense. It's tiring but I have to do this for my team and try to win every game."

http://www.lex18.com/news/defense-will-be-a-focus-in-sec-tournament
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

http://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top