Ok it's done

Post  jagator on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:19 am

jagator

Favorite College team: : Florida
Favorite NFL team: : Jacksonville

Back to top Go down

Re: Ok it's done

Post  Bho on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:24 am

No disrespect, but bleacher report is one of the most bs sites I have ever come across. I'm not saying that's your fault, but I'm not reading jack POOP from a bleacherreport link.

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Who Dey

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:40 am

Good write up Jag, only one on UK I would disagree with is Wall, I guess because he just played one year, I agree he is a NBA star, but didn't really have real great numbers or enough I guess at UK. I would have had to put Tony Delk before Wall. JMO but very good read.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

http://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:55 am

Bho wrote:

No disrespect, but bleacher report is one of the most bs sites I have ever come across. I'm not saying that's your fault, but I'm not reading jack POOP from a bleacherreport link.

You have to realize the writers on there are people like us. You can write on there if you want. These aren't pros. The sad thing is the most BS stories get the most reads. Which is a sad commentary on the public at large. Not the fault of the writers though. If you want reads, write some BULLPOOP story about Kim Kardashian and Lamar Odom.
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:56 am

BestdamnUKfanperiod wrote:Good write up Jag, only one on UK I would disagree with is Wall, I guess because he just played one year, I agree he is a NBA star, but didn't really have real great numbers or enough I guess at UK. I would have had to put Tony Delk before Wall. JMO but very good read.

So many guys I could have put in there. Hell I think there are 35 retired jerseys. But Wall was a bad man for that one year.
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod on Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:05 am

jagator wrote:
BestdamnUKfanperiod wrote:Good write up Jag, only one on UK I would disagree with is Wall, I guess because he just played one year, I agree he is a NBA star, but didn't really have real great numbers or enough I guess at UK. I would have had to put Tony Delk before Wall. JMO but very good read.

So many guys I could have put in there. Hell I think there are 35 retired jerseys. But Wall was a bad man for that one year.

Yea, I understand plenty to chose from, Delk was 5th in scoring, 3 in steals and I believe and 1st in 3pt shots. And 5th in fg made. But like you said lots of players out there.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

http://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bho on Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:57 am

jagator wrote:
Bho wrote:

You have to realize the writers on there are people like us. You can write on there if you want. These aren't pros. The sad thing is the most BS stories get the most reads. Which is a sad commentary on the public at large. Not the fault of the writers though. If you want reads, write some BULLPOOP story about Kim Kardashian and Lamar Odom.

I realize that it is amateurs writing on their. I don't know who runs the site or who decides what gets on and what gets whacked or if they even have someone doing it. What I do know is most of the crap written on their is unfounded bs. Assuming your article was some kind of UK list, I will read it. I do know that over at tigerdroppings.com, you get banned for linking BR articles.

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator on Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:59 am

Of course it is. So is most of the crap on here. So is tigerdroppings. BR is nothing but a giant message board. I don't write articles and get quotes from Billy D or Urban Meyer or Will Muschamp. Not that they would take my call. But BR did send me to the Gator Bowl and I have my request in for the NCAA Tournament. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one. If you look around on there you can find some good articles. It may take a little digging.
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  Bho on Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:34 pm

That makes sense. I didn't know it was a message board. I thought it was a blog, kind of like the sports version of TMZ although TMZ seems to be breaking the stories first and getting fairly credible. How in the hell do message boards get press credentials? BD, if we can, let's get some.

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator on Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:54 pm

Well it is a blog. But what is this really? Same thing. Think of each article as a new thread topic, Then you have all the comments below which is all your replies. If I come on here and start a new thread it might be three or four paragraphs about how Florida is going to win today. I could just as easily submit that as an article on BR. After that you guys are going to proceed to tell me I'm full of crap just like you can do in the comments on BR. The reason they can get press credentials is they are really big. If this board had hundreds of thousands of readers every day, we could get press credentials too. So really the only difference between BR and BBN is the size of the audience.
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  Bho on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:09 pm

Gotcha. The only difference I see in your comparison is that we don't appear to be credible and they tend to believe they are credible. Oh well, Hope you get some NCAA tix. The Gators won't be there for the second weekend anyways. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZing!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:43 pm

Yeah. A lot of people think the writers are professionals that get paid and have journalism degrees. I think even the other people at the Gator Bowl thought that. It was kind of funny. People calling me sir like I'm somebody. lol

You're probably right about the NCAAs. We tend to play to the level of our competition which makes us ripe for an upset. But if these guys can win the SEC it will be a great accomplishment for them. I'm a very proud Gator if we get bounced in the first round.
jagator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum