BIG BLUE NATION

On the bright side....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

On the bright side....

Post  BigBlueMIST on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:03 pm

Kentucky should have a nice bounce back week with two home games against Miss. State and South Carolina. That will get us to 19-7 and 7-5 in conference.

We've lost all our conference games by like a combined like 12 points.

The Cats have a realistic shot to finish the regular season 23-7 and 11-5 in conference with only two road games remaining @ Tennessee and Arkansas, At the worst I see us finishing 21-9 and 9-7 in conference.

Remember, you don't play road games in the NCAA Tournament. I think we can still be dangerous.
BigBlueMIST

Favorite College team: : Kentucky

Back to top Go down

Re: On the bright side....

Post  SuckITCalH8ers on Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:28 pm

We don't have the size or depth to be dangerous. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to bash these guys at all. I'm being honest with myself and realizing that this team does not have the tools to make a Championship run. We're bounced after the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
SuckITCalH8ers

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlueMIST on Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:30 pm

I don't think anybody expected Butler to be in the Championship last year. You never know
BigBlueMIST

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:09 pm

I am not giving up. I don't think they have any chance at a NC, but a Final 4 is in reach. Vandy is a very good team, and UK had that game yesterday. Up 3, and we turned it over(dribbling in the paint against a zone-NOOOOO) 4 of 5 possessions without a shot. That was the time we could have run it up to 7-8 points, and ultimately won the game. They need a good run down the stretch, and I expect to see that run, and a 4-5 seed. Then the fun begins.
Californication

Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Post  agent 00 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:09 pm

I'll be surprised if we make it past the sweet 16. Lack of depth and a thin frontcourt will be our downfall. Hopefully, everybody stays and we'll have the tools to have a banner type season next year. But I highly doubt if Jones & Knight stay, although they both need to, the money is just too good to turn down.
agent 00

Favorite NFL team: : Miami Dolphins

Back to top Go down

Post  jagator on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:13 pm

If everybody stays not only will the basketball world be shocked, but UK will lead the league in de-commits. What Uk needs is for Jones and Knight to go but everybody else stay. That way they can still get some blue chips in but have some experience next year too. Then they'll need for guys like Stacey Poole and Hood to contribute next year.
jagator

Favorite College team: : Florida
Favorite NFL team: : Jacksonville

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:50 pm

They're still saying Jones is a lotto. Potential I guess. Knight late first round. Jones is gone, I wouldn't be surprised if Knight comes back, though I'd have to bet on him leaving. Another year would probably make him a lotto.
Californication

Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Dude on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:26 am

I think anyone who thinks TJ and Knight are NBA ready are either High or extremely Drunk. They both need to stay because their games can use great improvement and having next years class would create depth that is needed. Let's Go NBA Lockout!
Blue Dude

Favorite NFL team: : Patriots

Back to top Go down

Post  SuckITCalH8ers on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:56 pm

Blue Dude wrote:I think anyone who thinks TJ and Knight are NBA ready are either High or extremely Drunk. They both need to stay because their games can use great improvement and having next years class would create depth that is needed. Let's Go NBA Lockout!

I agree. Terrence Jones is beyond immature. He needs to grow up a lot. Dudes in the NBA will have that kid in tears. Knight is more mature than Jones, but, he would also benefit from another year in college.

Everybody knows I love Lamb. I'm not trying to sound like a fanboy, but, that kid is better than Jones and Knight. He's a great shooter and makes exceptional decisions on the court. If TJ an BK are deemed NBA ready, then Lamb should be a top 5 pick. Laughing

The bottom line is...all three should stay one more year. Then, we'd have at least three lotto picks in the 2012 draft.
SuckITCalH8ers

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:10 pm

Blue Dude wrote:I think anyone who thinks TJ and Knight are NBA ready are either High or extremely Drunk. They both need to stay because their games can use great improvement and having next years class would create depth that is needed. Let's Go NBA Lockout!

If Daniel Orton can go first round Knight and Jones will have no problem.
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  agent 00 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:49 pm

Jones is in trouble when teams force him to go right and can't hardly shoot from outside the paint. Knight is turnover prone and needs to work on shooting the ball up over his head. His chest release will get knocked to the 5th row in the NBA. Lamb can't guard a statue. But all 3 have "Potential" and that's what the NBA drafts players on these days. Hopefully all 3 stays but Jones is likely gone and Knight is 50/50 at this point. But if Orton can get drafted, then certainly all 3 can also.
agent 00

Favorite NFL team: : Miami Dolphins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top