BIG BLUE NATION

Is The Swagger Back?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is The Swagger Back?

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod on Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:57 am

Is The Swagger Back?

Before Tennessee Cal called UK's mess a crisis. UK still has to prove that they can win close games on the road in the SEC, even if it means hitting the punching bag before every game.

"Yeah, we were kind of confused because we were all like, what are they there for," says Darius Miller.

"We had a boxing workout to work on our toughness so, I guess it worked. We played pretty tough today."

Cal who admits to still trying to figure out this team went from being frustrated on Monday to feeling like a proud father after beating Tennessee.

"We showed toughness," says Cal. "We out rebounded a good team."

How UK beat Tennessee at Rupp is big. Perhaps it wasn't a complete overhaul, but a tuneup that was needed. Share the ball! Get 20 assists. UK finished with 14. Tell DeAndre Liggins how much you need him by letting everyone know he has to get more shots.

Liggins was spectacular. Not just the 19 points a career high. He was a monster defensively.

"He was fabulous." says Cal. "Fabulous."

"I committed to rebounding and everybody else committed to certain things they needed to do," says Liggins who also had 5 rebounds, 5 steals, and three assists. Plus he seemed to be in Tennessee's Scott Hopson's sneakers for most of the game.

Cal is making his case like a lawyer going in front of a jury. This is why he thinks UK can be special.

"When we played at Florida, you think about it, Josh (makes negative noise shaking his head), Terrence (makes different negative noise shaking his head), Doron (makes different negative noise shaking his head), Darius? Oh my g..., and we had a chance to win."

He's right.

If UK goes to Vandy and plays like they did on the road against Alabama, Georgia and Ole Miss, Tuesday is an accident. If the Rocky Top game is a trend, UK has a shot of getting to their first Final Four since 1998. Before the Tennessee game we questioned what happened to UK's swagger. Against Tennessee it was back.

http://www.lex18.com/news/is-the-swagger-back-
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

http://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Is The Swagger Back?

Post  stuckinknoxville on Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:16 pm

One game does not make a new team. We'll see how they do on the road Saturday.
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  Californication on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:36 am

It was a good win, but I agree, let's see how they do Saturday. I'm apprehensive. Gonna be tough. It will suck to be there and see them lose.
Californication

Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Post  stuckinknoxville on Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:31 pm

Not quite.
stuckinknoxville

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content