BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst day in UK sports regular season history?????

+3
BestdamnUKfanperiod
Californication
MULECHOPS
7 posters

Go down

Worst day in UK sports regular season history????? Empty Worst day in UK sports regular season history?????

Post  MULECHOPS Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:30 am

1-Kanter crap canned by the NCAA
2-UK looks like a Sun Belt school against Pitt
3-UGA hands us our butts
Is it just me or was this the worst day in UK regular season history??? Rolling Eyes
MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite College team: : UK
Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Worst day in UK sports regular season history????? Empty Re: Worst day in UK sports regular season history?????

Post  Californication Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:08 am

Not in my opinion. The worst day was when Derrick Anderson went down.
Californication
Californication

Favorite College team: : duh
Favorite NFL team: : cowboys!!

Back to top Go down

Worst day in UK sports regular season history????? Empty Re: Worst day in UK sports regular season history?????

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:09 am

I was thinking that earlier. lol
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Big Blue Nation Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:07 pm

Yeah it was pretty bad, but tomorrow is another day. Keep your heads up. Basketball
Big Blue Nation
Big Blue Nation

Back to top Go down

Post  MULECHOPS Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:07 am

When it rains, it pours for Kentucky

"When it rains it pours" is a worn-out cliché for a reason: It's true. Bad things beget more bad things, not because of some strange cosmic curse but because of human nature.

Bad news puts you in a funk, and you let your guard down. It's why you get in a traffic accident after a bad day at work, or you cut yourself in the kitchen after arguing with your spouse, or you lose a basketball game to an SEC East opponent after getting news that your star freshman center is permanently ineligible.

The former could happen to anyone. The latter happened to Kentucky on Saturday.

Two days after getting the long-awaited NCAA ruling on freshman phenom Enes Kanter – a ruling that did not go Kentucky's way – the Wildcats traveled to Athens, Ga., where they were upset by an upstart and unranked Georgia team. Not only did the Wildcats shoot poorly, but at times they looked distracted and preoccupied. Maybe it was Kanter, maybe not. Either way, coach John Calipari found it unacceptable.

"Maybe (the Kanter decision) inspired Georgia, because they were fired up," Calipari said. "They wanted it more than we did. I've got some guys who need to learn what it means to be committed. I talked about it with the team last night. We’ve got a couple of guys who are content with getting minutes, but they aren't committed. Georgia smelled blood, came after us and played at a higher intensity level than we did."

Then, after reflecting on the matter for another second or two, Coach Cal decided the loss had nothing to do with Kanter.

"I don’t think it had anything to do with anything other than they played better," he said. "They were better coached, and they deserved to win the game."

Maybe, but the Kanter wound is still open and raw. Calipari's voice quivered with a mix of empathy and indignation as he addressed his 6-foot-11 recruit's future with the Wildcats. The NCAA Student-Athlete Reinstatement Committee reaffirmed an earlier decision that Kanter was ineligible because of $33,000 in benefits he received for playing on the Turkish club team Fenerbahce when he was 16 years old.

"(Kanter) can practice with us, but he can’t travel," Calipari said. "But I’m not worried about how he helps the team; I'm worried about this young man. He's the youngest player on our team by four months, and this has been devastating to him and his family. I’m worried for him.

"I’ve told him, 'You are part of this family; you are part of my family, and I’m going to do what I can for you.' Now I have to help him get ready to come out for the draft, which he did not want to do, but he has to do now."

The ruling came as no surprise to most experts. In fact, every other major program passed on Kanter because of the likelihood that he would be deemed ineligible. But Calipari insisted that it wasn’t that cut and dried.

"For those who were saying this (decision) wasn't hard, that it was black and white: Wow. It took eight months for black and white? Wow. That’s kind of a surprising statement," Calipari said.

Surprising or not, the ruling on Kanter just happened to coincide with one of Kentucky’s more lackluster performances, a 77-70 upset by the Bulldogs, a game Calipari said would result in some changes.

"Maybe I'm expecting too much from our guys," he said. "But I do expect a lot, and I see guys in a different way than they see themselves. We have guys who should be as good as anyone in the league, and they aren't playing that way. We can't be like, 'Everything’s good. I'm good. I'm getting my shots, so everything's fine.' If I had more guys there, would be some guys here who wouldn’t be getting as many minutes. And I let them know that."

If he'd had Kanter, that might have been a lecture Coach Calipari wouldn’t have needed to give. But as he said, "At the end of the day, you have to do it on the court." And you have to do it with players the NCAA deems eligible.

MULECHOPS
MULECHOPS

Favorite NFL team: : Vikings

Back to top Go down

Post  house kat Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:32 pm

The worst day was when the joker was named waiting to be head coach!

house kat

Favorite NFL team: : Cleveland Browns (No Laughing)

Back to top Go down

Post  UK Maine-Iac Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:01 am

Top that off with my Saints getting slapped by the greatest quarterback to ever play (Hassleback) and this was one day I'd like to drink away, if I drank.
UK Maine-Iac
UK Maine-Iac

Favorite College team: : Who do you think?
Favorite NFL team: : Saints

Back to top Go down

Post  agent 00 Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:58 pm

It will be remembered as Wildcat Armageddon. I was in Birmingham for the Bowl game and woke up to the news of Kanter's ruling and got that "Oh MOFO" feeling. Then watched the Football Cats lay an egg but thought surely the B-Ball team would pick us up. I'm a huge believer that bad luck occurs in 3's and man did it hit hard. Let's hope this never happens again!
agent 00
agent 00

Favorite College team: : Kentucky
Favorite NFL team: : Miami Dolphins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down