BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Josh Harrellson Doesn't Like Louisville

Go down

Josh Harrellson Doesn't Like Louisville Empty Josh Harrellson Doesn't Like Louisville

Post  BestdamnUKfanperiod Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:08 am

Josh Harrellson Doesn't Like Louisville

Posted: Dec 30, 2010 7:00 PM
Updated: Dec 30, 2010 7:01 PM

Remember how loud the boo birds were for Rick Pitino last year at Rupp? You would expect they will be at least as loud for Cal Friday at noon.

"I imagine they will have a nice cheer for me," says Cal. "And it's going to be nuts. That's how it's going to be."

UK playing Louisville was an education for Josh Harrellson when he moved to Lexington.

"I came here and the first time we were about to play Louisville and everybody was like I hate Louisville and I was like why, I don't really hate them," says UK's starting center.

"I want to beat them of course. Since that year and last year I just don't like them anymore. Especially since last year."

Putting on a Kentucky uniform has changed Josh.

"People have their own opinions and they start to wear off on you. Right now I don't like Duke anymore, and I don't like UNC and I don't like Louisville. Things change. I've never really not liked them, but now I don't."

Last year, the emotions were prime time. Josh remembers like it was yesterday.

"Rough and tough game. People were trash talking. People were about to fight. It's definitely going to be a war out there."

Darius Miller's memory is the same.

"Last year was kind of different from any other game I've been involved with," says UK's small forward.

"It was really physical from the beginning. It was really intense from the beginning. I'm sure it won't be quite as intense this year as far as almost fighting and stuff like that. I'm sure the physical and the intensity will be the same way."

Back in the good old days in the 80's when Rex Chapman was king, the Kentucky players and Louisville players would hang out, play ball and party together. They were good friends. Not now. It's a little different when it comes to the atmosphere.

"It was a lot of trash talking," says Josh.

"From the get go. We were doing lay up lines and somebody came through and bumped one of us from the lay up lines. From the layup line on, it was a war."

Josh believes that Louisville was trying to get in the heads of UK's young players. He says their plan didn't work.
BestdamnUKfanperiod
BestdamnUKfanperiod
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Kentucky Wildcats
Favorite NFL team: : New England Patriots

https://bigbluenation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down