BIG BLUE NATION

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BIG BLUE NATION
BIG BLUE NATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TUBBY: "I'm Not a Candidate For Any Other Job"

2 posters

Go down

TUBBY:  "I'm Not a Candidate For Any Other Job" Empty TUBBY: "I'm Not a Candidate For Any Other Job"

Post  Carolina Kat Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:13 pm

Tubby Smith on Minnesota: `I'm not a candidate for any other job'

By Charles Goldberg -- The Birmingham News

March 21, 2010, 10:51PM

Tubby Smith Auburn may be interested in his services, but Minnesota basketball coach Tubby Smith said Sunday that "I'm not a candidate for any other job.''

Smith told the Star Tribune in Minneapolis that "there's no truth to it'' that he's interested in leaving Minnesota.

"I'm going out and I'm selling this program, selling the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, that we've got people here on our team, we've got administration (that) is backing us, we've got things in place, we're preparing to build a new practice facility,'' Smith told columnist Sid Hartman. "That's what I came here to do, and certainly I'm a guy that wants to fulfill my responsibilities to this program.''

Smith has been mentioned as a possible candidate at Oregon, and then Auburn. The Tigers began looking for a coach after firing Jeff Lebo on March 12. Athletics Director Jay Jacobs has said he would conduct a deliberate search that would likely take weeks.

News that Auburn was interested in Smith appeared Thursday, hours before Minnesota lost to Xavier in the NCAA Tournament. Minnesota Athletics Director Joel Maturi said he was disappointed about the timing. Auburn has not publicly identified any coaches it is considering.

Smith said Sunday that having his name linked to other jobs is part of the business. He went through it last year, too.

"It can be a distraction if you let it, just like anything else,'' Smith said.

Smith said it's not all bad to be wanted, however.

"It beats the alternative, that's how I look at it," Smith said.

What all this mean? Stay tuned...

Carolina Kat
ADMIN

Favorite College team: : Go Hoos
Favorite NFL team: : Winnipeg

Back to top Go down

TUBBY:  "I'm Not a Candidate For Any Other Job" Empty Re: TUBBY: "I'm Not a Candidate For Any Other Job"

Post  Wildcat Fanatic Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:59 pm

Translation: My agent and another school are already working on the details of the contract.
Wildcat Fanatic
Wildcat Fanatic

Favorite College team: : Kentucky
Favorite NFL team: : Baltimore Ravens

Back to top Go down